[Indiegogo] Class Compendium for Labyrinth Lord

This forum is for ads for products/services/etc. Publishers are free to post ads here or in their own forum section, if applicable. Ads and/or announcements for free resources are also welcome in Open Discussion.

[Indiegogo] Class Compendium for Labyrinth Lord

Postby Barrel Rider » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:40 am

Class Compendium for Labyrinth Lord

My name is James M. Spahn and I am the one-man show that is Barrel Rider Games. In addition to publishing over seventy PDF products for Labyrinth Lord, OSRIC and Swords & Wizardry I have also done freelance writing for Cubicle 7 Entertainment and regular contributions to Small Niche Games' Brave the Labyrinth magazine.

I've been playing table-top RPGs for over 25 years and Barrel Rider Games has been in business three years. In that time BRG has produced over 75 products, several of which have reached the top five on RPGNow's Hottest Sellers list. These include Sleepy Hollow, Buccaneers & Bilge Rats, Frozen Fortress of the Winter Warlord and Player's Companion.

This campaign is being launched to raise money to purchase the necessary equipment to publish the first major print product from Barrel Rider Games - the Class Compendium. The Class Compendium will be a compilation of fifty classes for use with Labyrinth Lord and other OSR games that were previously only available as PDFs. It will have a full color hardcover and feature black and white art through out its interior.

The Class Compendium was already well into production when the computer used to develop products for Barrel Rider Games began a rapid decline. It's only a matter of time before the poor, over-worked machine finally gives up the ghost and brings the future of Barrel Rider Games to a halt. To that end, I'm turning to the OSR community and internet at large to not only help me bring the Class Compendium to life, but also ensure the future of BRG for years to come through this Indiegogo campaign.

Where Your Money Goes
Because Class Compendium will be printed through One Bookshelf's Print-on-Demand service, the cost of production is kept to a minimum. Listed below is a break down of where the funds go.

Hardware and Software to Produce the Book: $300
Art, Editting & Layout: $200
Incidentals & Buffer Money: $50

Risks & Challenges
Because of the nature of how the Class Compendium will be produced and the nature of Print-on-Demand products, there is very little risk involved. I'm giving myself an ample amount of time to prepare and develop the Class Compendium. Still, no project is fool proof. Delays can happen.

In the unlikely event that delays occur, supporters will be kept up to date on a weekly basis. Communication is key. All supporters who receive PDF perks and at-cost rewards will be contacted via e-mail when the campaign has ended. PDFs will be made available within two weeks of the campaign ending and at cost print-on-demand products will be available as soon as the product proofs are approved.
Barrel Rider Games: Fast, fun, free-spirited retro-clone fantasy gaming!

"Like" us on Facebook!
Visit our RPGNow Shop at http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=4417
James M Spahn
Proud Member of the Labyrinth Lord Society
Barrel Rider

Re: [Indiegogo] Class Compendium for Labyrinth Lord

Postby Dyson Logos » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:47 am

Hmm...

"Lord Dyson Logos" does have a nice ring to it.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby Blood axe » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:14 am

Awesome! Im in.

Come on guys. Help a fellow gamer out & get some goodies in the process. :D
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Blood axe » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:15 pm

NICE! Met the goal and passed in 10 days. More stretch goals/free pdfs. $720+
Blood axe

Postby Barrel Rider » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:30 am

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!! We've got just 55 hours left for the Indiegogo campaign to fund the Class Compendium for Labyrinth Lord! We're less than $150 dollars away from our next stretch goal, so if you've been following our AMAZING progress (thanks again to all the wonderful backers!), now's the time to offer your support!

LET'S FINISH STRONG!!!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/class-compendium-for-labyrinth-lord
Barrel Rider Games: Fast, fun, free-spirited retro-clone fantasy gaming!

"Like" us on Facebook!
Visit our RPGNow Shop at http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=4417
James M Spahn
Proud Member of the Labyrinth Lord Society
Barrel Rider

Postby Blood axe » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:40 pm

I never received my print copy / coupon code for at cost. Everyone get theirs? Maybe mine got lost in the shuffle or sent to spam.
Blood axe

Postby Blood axe » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:41 pm

Received!