6. The Stone Wood

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 6. The Stone Wood

Postby greyarea » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:49 pm

Tret, rogue

To his companions, I walked from the Black Eagle Barony to the free lands. I can part with my steed. It sounds to me like we'll be killing werewolves today.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan tenses up, the words "I'll saddle and ride you before I'll turn my horse loose" on the tip of his tongue, then he thinks better of it and keeps quiet. He glances at the others. He has no problem with the werewolves, but freeing his trusty warhorse gives him some serious pause.

Athelstan shrugs and says "Seems a steep price to pay for directions to some dirty ruins, especially in light of the nature of our need to get there, but it appears you have us at an impasse. If my companions agree, then so do I." Athelstan glances at the others, waiting to see what they'll do, but pausing to make a distasteful face and head shake at the mere mention of the Black Eagle Barony...

OOC: Werewolves... that's no joke. And two of them. But not sure if that's our only option or what. Athelstan will defer to the others. If we choose to tell him to buzz off, he's happy just as well. What do you say, guys?
badams30

Postby kipper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Old Anja (Shaman)

"Who are these beast-men, the Hutakaans?" She questions Loshad.

Anja is happy to comply with Loshad's demands. She starts thinking about where she may be able to find some wolvesbane growing in these parts...

((OOC: I hope after going through all this rigamarole that Xitaqa is not just across the river where the map shows the pyramid :lol:!! Secondly, do we have sufficient weapons to battle werewolves? Anja certainly has nothing appropriate, although she does have the Cure Disease spell.
kipper

Postby badams30 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:35 pm

OOC: We do have a magic 2 handed sword and an unidentified battle axe painted red (magic, maybe?) Not sure what other stuff we have. Def need to plan this though.
badams30

Postby Blood axe » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:39 pm

Harn Hammerhand
Harn bows respectfully.
Great and noble Horse-Lord, Is there anything more you can tell us? We will need silver or magic to slay those wolf abominations. Dwarves don't like to ride horses, so I certainly agree to your terms.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Soldath - Mage

I cannot speak for borrowed property, I'll see if I can persuade the owners of the steed to free it in light of what you offered us... that is all I can offer.

Werewolves are pretty bad news.... two of them acting as a team is even worse.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:23 am

Loshad turns to face Anja. Sensing her age and affinity for the natural world, he softens his tone somewhat. "Little do I know of the history of 2-legged creatures like yourself," he admits. "But I do know this. The Hutaakans once ruled a great empire in these lands. They walked upright, like men, but had heads like jackals. All that remains of them now are their ruined cities, like Xitaqa.

"Master dwarf," he continues, turning his attention to Harn. "I fear not enough fresh air flows through your cavern homes," he says with a laugh. "Think. Had I magic or silver, would I have answered your summons, seeking your help? I would kill the filthy curs myself!"

Loshad, annoyed once more, returns his attention to Athelstan. "So, Thyatian," he says, "You have heard my terms. Do you accept?"

Actions? You can examine the red battle axe after the conversation with Loshad winds down. Anja, you can look for wolfsbane in the morning.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Blood axe » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:26 am

Harn Hammerhand

Harn shrugs and mumbles.
Not very polite, is he? Lets accept his offer & be on with it.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby badams30 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:33 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan, barely able to keep himself from attacking this Loshad thing, grits his teeth and with a flourish of his cloak, he says "Thyatian is correct, horse man. Your disrespect should be expected in this land of... primitives. However, I have no choice but to accept your heavy-handed offer." He smirks somewhat and says "Since you are incapable of protecting your brethren against these dogs, we'll be happy to do it for you. And It seems we'll release our mounts within the time you've asked."

Athelstan then waves his hand dismissively and says "I tire of this. Tell us where to find these beasts, and we'll kill them for you. We'll expect the location of this ruin immediately upon our return."

OOC: I'd like to see Loshad at the glue plant. Jerk.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:36 am

Tret, rogue

Woah
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror