Compiled Labyrinth Lord Poll

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Would you like LL and AEC compiled in one volume or two volumes?

One volume
78%
Two volumes (separate player's handbook)
15%
No preference
7%

Total votes : 104

Re: Compiled Labyrinth Lord Poll

Postby Eldrad » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:11 pm

One thing I would like to see (and I think many would agree) is a few brief pages of "optional" race and class choices as presented in a certain unnamed arcana book that became unearthed. Though some may disagree, I think this would be a great selling point.

Other possible but less desired additions would be cantrips.

What optional options would you like to see?
Eldrad

Postby jackel » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:55 pm

I know I am late on this, but I am going to throw my two cents anyway. I voted two volumes because I run games online and it helps if I can have the player download a players book and not have to worry they are looking at the dm stuff. K wouldn't mind a one volume book, if we could have a players booklet with say just the classes, and equipment in it. Well just my two cents. Thanks for reading my post.
jackel

Postby petespahn » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Eldrad wrote:One thing I would like to see (and I think many would agree) is a few brief pages of "optional" race and class choices as presented in a certain unnamed arcana book that became unearthed. Though some may disagree, I think this would be a great selling point.

I'd give a vote for cantrips. I've been planning to do an article on cantrips for BtL, just haven't gotten around to it.
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Postby chiisu81 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:I'm getting some ideas together. Will be busy the rest of this year but I think launching something the first part of 2014 is realistic. It will have to be a Kickstarter because I anticipate art costing a lot for this one.

Whoa not gonna use the existing artwork? I love Zieser's illustrations!

Eldrad wrote:One thing I would like to see (and I think many would agree) is a few brief pages of "optional" race and class choices as presented in a certain unnamed arcana book that became unearthed. Though some may disagree, I think this would be a great selling point.

Personally I don't want anything added that's not already in LL or AEC.
chiisu81

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:54 pm

chiisu81 wrote:

I would do all new art so that it is different from the other books. I'll ask Steve if he is interested in contributing some new pieces.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Vile » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:59 am

chiisu81 wrote:

Same here. I want something that is an integrated, convenient alternative to the existing material, not a replacement or add-on.
The BLUEHOLME™ Project
Vile

Postby Wulfgar22 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:44 am

chiisu81 wrote:

Same here.
Wulfgar22

Postby Wulfgar22 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:45 am

Goblinoid Games wrote:
chiisu81 wrote:

I would do all new art so that it is different from the other books. I'll ask Steve if he is interested in contributing some new pieces.

I hope he'll do the cover. I love the covers of LL and AEC and it'd be great of the combined book fit in with those.
Wulfgar22

Postby AndrewNI » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:05 pm

Vile wrote:I want something that is an integrated, convenient alternative to the existing material, not a replacement or add-on.

I have to say that I'm in the same boat. I'm happy with LL and AEC, I would just love to see them in one volume. New artwork would be awesome too, if done in a style similar to that of the LL core book and AEC.
AndrewNI

Postby Omote » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Having a compiled book is certainly going to be a treat. I do very much like the overall trade dress, and interior artwork to the current LL and AEC. With new art, I hope that the style is consistent like the current versions. That really make it look top-notch. As for adding or changing content, I think it's almost mandatory. In effect, this will be a new printing or edition with added errata and general fixes. That's certainly a plus on its own, but to make this new tome with even a little new material makes it a must-buy. That doesn't invalidate the older printing in anyway. But, new material will add in value to potential buyers, myself included. I also plan to contribute and mightily support this endeavor.

~O
Omote

PreviousNext

Return to Labyrinth Lord