THE BLACK DOGS OF UGAUL

This forum is for any small member projects (new monsters, magic items, etc.). Members may request a full forum for special large projects, and this will be considered.

Re: THE BLACK DOGS OF UGAUL

Postby Victorian » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:13 pm

I don't think we should have elemental planes, I don't think it works when all the materials of the universe came from one source that is in the universe.

I think equivalents to the planes should be found on Ugaul, for example going inside a volcano should be large enough to be like the plane of elemental fire, a magical forest could be known for seeming endless and riding through a massive storm at sea might lead to an uncharted infinite sea/plane of water.

Thats all for tonight!
Victorian

Postby Charlatan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:20 pm

First thing I'd like to say is that map I hastily made is gosh darn rubbish! Needs a lot more open area between the countries I think, Ugaul should be barely explored and mostly wilderness. :D

I really like the idea of having the elemental planes intertwined with the world itself.

This is nothing in particular, just hammering out a foundation:

Man-Scorpion
No. Enc.: 1d4 (1d4)
Alignment: Chaotic
Movement: 90' (30')
Scorpion: 180' (60')
Armor Class: 4
Hit Dice: 6
Attacks: 2 (1 stinger, 1 weapon)
Damage: 1d10 + poison, as weapon
Save: F6
Morale: 6
Hoard Class: VI
XP: 3,800

chitinous/armored men that turn into giant scorpions that look like the Rock as The Scorpion King? Tough even in "human" form. Don't pass on lycanthropy through damage. Harmed by something other than silver maybe, what about wood? Who'd have that to hand in a desert? Nah, lead, marble, gold, iron? Silver might have to suffice. Vaguely honourable, at least they won't surprise their opponents.

Nothing it add right now, but I'll be back!

Anyone have any thoughts on the races of Ugaul?
Everything I say is true!
Charlatan

Postby bathwizard » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:14 am

Have you seen the module X4 Master of the Desert Nomads? Inside the front cover is an awesome picture by Jeff Easley

Strictly speaking that's not a live manscorpion, it's the ghost of one.
Manscorpions were detailed in the Rules Cyclopedia. However, your stats look fine.
Bathwizard

My new blog is the Tales of Kaelaross, a world for Basic D&D/LL
bathwizard

Postby Charlatan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Ah, appearance wise, thats what I was thinking of anyway. :D
Charlatan

Postby Victorian » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:22 pm

One thing I've always liked about myths and legends is how things just are, even if it seems slightly nonsensical, so...

The Moon was woven from the hair of Anu-Anuzula by Grandmother Spider in order to bring balance to the night. Or something like that.

Odabo the Star-Gazer & Son Monkey stole the Sun from The Dominator, who was using it to light his home. Which is why the mortal world has a sun and The Dominator is master of darkness. :D

Just as the gods carved the Giants out of ice, the Giants carved the dwarves from rock, golems were invented by the dwarves and see the creation of a thinking golem to be a rite of passage for their whole race.

Nifty huh?
Victorian

Postby Charlatan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Very nifty! I think I'll have a go at that.

The elves were the first mortal race to be created, and they were created in parts, by each of the nine gods. That is why they go through three life cycles; law-wood elf, neutral-high elf, chaos-dark elf. Works quite well in fact.

It is said the first humans were not even considered a race by others, and were not made by the Gods, but by a group of powerful dragons mimicking the gods as a sort of divine practical joke. It was not until Am & Ve, an early human couple, went on an adventure to gain enlightenment for their people did they truly become human. Once they did they took the people west, and under the protection of the animal spirits they prospered. The dragons themselves have not be defeated, but Am & Ve, through trickery, caused them to war amongst themselves.
- This war is why there are earthquakes.
- Humans owe a huge debt of gratitude to the spirits, who likely fought at least some dragons for the people.
- Perhaps every human country has a magical artefact?

The stars are said to be the children of Odabo the Star-Gazer, who the lawful gods exiled eons ago, and that one day they will get to the world and overthrow the gods!
Charlatan

Postby Victorian » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:11 pm

One of the Nine Hundred Kingdoms is ruled over by the Myrmidons, a race of highly lawful ant people.
Another of these kingdoms is ruled over by exiled genies of all types and their fire-blooded descendants.
Between these two kingdoms, upon a rain forest covered mountain range live several united tribes of pterodactyl men!

I'm beginning to think the Nine Hundred Kingdoms is the best area in this world...
Victorian

Postby Charlatan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Very neat! So, ahem!

THE BLACK DOGS OF UGAUL!

Little To-Do List:
1. Map a new map!
2. Draw a Black Dog Sorcerer!
3. Write up on races!
Charlatan

Previous