Again, into the Manor

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Again, into the Manor

Postby greyarea » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:59 pm

Vera's loot

At Grimes' behest, the dwarf cleric touches the halfling with his Staff of Healing Heal [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4 and then uses two healing spells as well Heal [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5 and Heal [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2. Sorry, Dandy mumbles, obviously still shaken by the spell.

He also touches Furuk with the staff Heal [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2.

Einar peeks into the room where Vera emerged and checks it out. The room is pretty badly singed from the fireball: a four-poster bed, a wardrobe and a chest of drawers are all singed beyond repair, although they look as if they'd been smashed previously. There is a storage box, open in the corner, that Vera was apparently looting at the time she heard the party. The box has a heap of 4000 SP in it, counting the few on the floor. It looks like it was

Dieter searches Vera herself, finding a ring inscribed with runes (a Ring of Protection +1) and a small sack with five agates 200GP each, some very nice bracers (1200GP), a tiara (2500 GP) and 100 EP.

Searching the trogs, you find a necklace (800GP) and a ring (600GP) and a scroll of Stone to Flesh.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 12/46
--Furuk 29/51
Dieter 27/27
--Dandy 33/33
Castinus 29/29
--Shaelyyndenel 19/19 - stoned
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Dieter - Mage

Looking at the tiara and then at Vera and then back, shaking his head he mutters: yyyyeeesss... even a pig has an imagination. Taking a look at the scroll: Gentlemen, we must make haste back to Shaelyyndenel, this scroll will return her to flesh!

OCC: We have a porter for the other stuff, right?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Spanningtree wrote:OCC: We have a porter for the other stuff, right?

Porters - plural. They stay out of the action but carry your torches and treasure. And feed the horses and make dinner for the party. And turn down the beds. And even sing and dance for your entertainment by the fire at night.

You guys should really pay them better.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 pm

Castinus takes a look at Grimes in all his dinged up glory. "You owe me one," he says, handing the halfling his potion of healing. "Now, let's get back to Shae!"

Potion deducted..
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Fearghus » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:17 am

Einar, Thief

"I concur, Dieter. If that scroll can save the poor girl, then lets get back to that room with haste", Einar says as he directs the porters to the coins in the room. Although Einar does take the time to check the charred and smashed bed, wardrobe and drawers before hurrying after his companions.
Fearghus

Postby badams30 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:19 am

Grimes - Busted up on the edge halfling

Grimes snatches the potion from Castinus and chugs it, giving a loud "BURRRRRRPPPP!" as he does so. Then he smiles and gives Castinus the equivalent of a halfing bear-hug.

"Thanks, Buddy! That hit the spot!" Then he gets a mischievous grin and says "Now lets go tend to my girl back there... I'll bet she's been missin' me, all stone and such."
He chortles and looks about at the devastation and says "Whew. This place stinks."
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:12 pm

After Grimes hugs Castinus' legs (bear cub hug is more like it) and quaffs the potion Heal [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4, the party heads down to the room Shae is in. Einar catches up after finding nothing of use in the bedroom furniture.

The smell is noticeably better here, to the point that, although you're still in a dank and ogre and troll infested dungeon and the smell of trog isn't completely dispersed and basilisk droppings and half-eaten dead mice litter the floor, it's like a breath of fresh air. Karl and Theo jab about how they might be able to hold down their lunches from now on (they'd both given technicolor yawns that would impress any dragon worth his salt with it's area and range as a breath attack) and how difficult it is going to be to wash the filth out of everyone's clothes.

Shaelyyndenel looks as graceful as ever, captured in stone prone on the floor after having tripped over her own feet. The look of horror and surprise on her face is etched in the greyness of the rock. It's a Kodak moment but no one's invented a camera yet.

Dieter opens the scroll and reads the arcane runes. Glitter seems to fall from the air above Shae, giving off a slight glow, and settles on her. Where ever it settles color returns, spreading out like ice on a lake, until finally she is all flesh again. She lies there for a second, blinks twice and then is recovered.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 16/46
--Furuk 29/51
Dieter 27/27
--Dandy 33/33
Castinus 29/29
--Shaelyyndenel 19/19
Einar 11/11

OOC: What do you think would happen if someone cast Stone to Flesh on a statue? On a bust? On an abstract statue? Interesting to ponder.
greyarea

Postby Fearghus » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Einar, Thief

Einar watches with mouth agape as Dieter reads the scroll and frees Shae. He says aloud, "Well done, Dieter. Well done."

ooc: That's sort of gross grey. I go back and forth: there's a part of me that says there's this disgusting mass of dead flesh that begins to putrefy; or maybe you can go all fantasy and say it just becomes a magical automation with personality that is now available to discuss and have a drink with whomever is available to speak with a bust (flesh version of the door knockers like in Labyrinth). After all, it is a world of magic, elves, dungeons and dragons.
Fearghus

Postby kjc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:22 pm

Shae - Fighter/Mage

"oooooo! Wait...what? Where...everything is blurry, and why does my head hurt so much? Castinus..?"
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:19 am

Grimes - Fighter

Despite his considerable discomfort from his wounds, Grimes smiles a broad smile as Shae awakens. "Well, now... I was worried that you might have forgotten about me! Heh heh heh... no time for dallying, we need to find a place to rest and recuperate."

OOC: I don't know about the rest of you, but I need some time out, and some massive healing. This on-the-edge Halfling votes to find a secure place to camp.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain