CLOSED - X4 - Master of the Desert Nomads - LL pbp

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: X4 - Master of the Desert Nomads - LL pbp

Postby badams30 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:52 am

greyarea wrote:
badams30 wrote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's all wonderful. But what's the ability score modifiers and bonuses for walrus PC's?

Walrus PC's in basic have a max of 5 for all ability scores except for CHA which is pegged at 3.

The good news is that your fellow PCs can sell your tusks for a nice profit if you were to meet with an untimely end. Handy for buriel fees. Or just spending it all on the three Ws. (Wine, Women, and Walrus hides.) ;)

At least he'll be useful. And imagine the backstab opportunities with those tusks. Added bonus: Big honking mustache like Selleck. That would def add to the CHR somewhat.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Let's get started! I've created new threads for this game under my Night's Dark Terror forum.

You can post your characters here:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=3346

More background info to follow. Don't worry about encumbrance or clothing for now. I'll be using a simplified encumbrance system, and I don't care if your character is wearing high soft boots or low hard boots! Also, don't worry about helmets. Your character's head is just as protected as the rest of his or her body. Let's keep it simple.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Wow... a level 9 character! That's a bit intimidating; I can't even remember having a character that high in the last 15+ years! :o :shock: :? LOL
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:07 pm

connivingsumo wrote:Wow... a level 9 character! That's a bit intimidating; I can't even remember having a character that high in the last 15+ years! :o :shock: :? LOL

If you'd like, you can give half your XP to me. Then my character can be more powerful and yours can be less intimidating. :)
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:51 pm

connivingsumo wrote:Wow... a level 9 character! That's a bit intimidating; I can't even remember having a character that high in the last 15+ years! :o :shock: :? LOL

Sumo, there's nothing to worry about. Your character now has the ability to cast powerful spells and turn powerful undead. Likewise, the DM has a whole host of even more powerful monsters, some with even more powerful spells, to throw back at you. ;)

That said, when I tried running this game a few years ago, I was amazed, and a little dismayed, by how much spells like fly, lightning bolt and fireball can change the feel of the game. We'll have to see what higher level cleric spells could do. This time I'll be prepared, though.

I had toyed with the idea of running Into the Maelstrom, which is for 26th level characters! Imagine how crazy that would have been?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:19 pm

greyarea wrote:

If you'd like, you can give half your XP to me. Then my character can be more powerful and yours can be less intimidating. :)

He beat me to it. Dang.
badams30

Re: CLOSED - X4 - Master of the Desert Nomads - LL pbp

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:49 am

Recruitment closed. We now have a proper forum to call our own. I've moved all our stuff over to it, so you don't have to retype anything.

See you there.
tumblingdice

Previous

Return to Gamer Gatherings