The Village of Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Village of Hommlet

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:51 pm

The goodwife furrows her brows at Thurwin's question. He was told not to do that anymore. He's going to get himself killed. She storms off, obviously in a mood, and grabs the large man at the bar dragging him into a back room. The raised voices, both male and female, from the back room are shocking to some of the other guests, who turn to see what the commotion is. A young barmaid next to your table mutters under her breath, Oglaf's in trouble...

The voices die down and things return to normal. A different lady approaches your table to take orders.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:07 am

Tavin - Monk

Tavin smiles at the ale placed before him and nods at Effric: Many thanks! When asked what he would have to eat he will respond: Boiled barley and vegetables please. From there he will relax and take in the sights around him.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 am

Caydon - Rogue
"Hello Miss...I would like to hear your opinion. What would you recommend I... have?" Caydon asks with a smile.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:51 am

Thurwin - Mage

Thurwin watches the goodwife storm off, then he glances at the others and says in almost a whisper "That didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Sorry, lads." He'll sheepishly order the normal dinner and some ale, pausing to smile at the pretty barmaids and casually observe occupants of the place.
badams30

Postby kwll » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Calthas asks for a plain supper and a glass of brandy. Then he goes back to slowly sipping his ale, casting an inquisitive eye in all directions.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Gelatinous Q » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Grimulf nods toward Effric in thanks for the ale, then downs the glass in one great gulp. He orders a brandy and a large hunk of meat ... rare.
Gelatinous Q

Postby greyarea » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:53 pm

The barmaid takes your orders and disappears.

In a bit, after you've all been served, the large man approaches the table. Sorry about the problems there, folks. My wife's been on that boy about going out and trying heroics. Oglaf was supposed to be helping out at old man Muller's place. His hide is sure as tanned when he gets back in, even before I get a chance to talk to him.

I'm Ostler Gundigoot, and the Welcome Wench is mine. For your troubles, you get another round on the house. What brings you lads to the fine Village of Hommlet? Are you planning on staying long? The Wench had wonderful accommodations for men of good will.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order

Grimulf 11/11
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 8/8
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Cayden 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5
greyarea

Postby kjc » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:23 am

Caydon - Rogue
"Goodman Gundigoot what a fine establishment you have here, and thank you for the ale!" Caydon says lifting his tankard to the proprietor. "Truth be told, we have heard that your village put out a call for aid. What service is required?" Caydon asks, looking around. "All seems well."
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin pats Caydon on the shoulder and says "Yes, what of this call for good men? We certainly fit the bill. And by the way, please tell your good wife that I apologize for any offense. Your son is a brave fellow and a credit to you both, and your village.

When Ostler prepares to depart, Thurwin will quietly ask him "Good Sir, would you have happened to have seen a righteous warrior clad in shining plate with a white cloak similar to my own? He is my brother and I have been trying to catch up with him. I am not sure if he came through here or not. It would have been a month or more past."
badams30

Postby Gelatinous Q » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Grimulf, fighter

"The Viscount put out a call for arms," he grunts. "Here we are."
Gelatinous Q

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk