Out-of-character (OOC) chat

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:16 pm

I'm forming an elf up. What level should I make him/her?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Spanningtree wrote:I'm forming an elf up. What level should I make him/her?

You all start with 200,001 XP, which would put an elf character at exactly 8th level.

Man, we're going to have some serious spell power in this party!
greyarea wrote:I will bring back Tret only if the DM would be so kind as to let me play two characters. I really liked Zelaz and want to play the wizard again.

Of course Tret hates wizards... hmm...

Since Brandon's thief character is still up, it looks as though plans to bring Night's Dark Terror characters along have fallen by the wayside. Paul, will you be satisfied playing just Zelaz?

I'll assign magic items, and we'll figure out what's in your spell-books during the week. I'd like to start the adventure sometime this weekend.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:10 pm

I was just waiting to see what the consensus was about the Night's Dark Terror guys. I could still happily bring Athelstan onboard easily, I don't have any ties to the thief yet, so no prob either way. If we need a fighter, I can fix Athelstan quickly. If not, we've got a thief.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:19 pm

badams30 wrote:I was just waiting to see what the consensus was about the Night's Dark Terror guys. I could still happily bring Athelstan onboard easily, I don't have any ties to the thief yet, so no prob either way. If we need a fighter, I can fix Athelstan quickly. If not, we've got a thief.

Between Sam's fighter, Joe's elf and Sumo's cleric, we should have enough muscle. I want to see you bring your role-playing skills to the thief class, Brandon. This should be interesting.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:02 pm

tumblingdice wrote: Paul, will you be satisfied playing just Zelaz?

I demand satisfaction!

That said, I'm satisfied playing Zelaz. :)
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:39 am

Slight delay on this end. Something got messed up with our cable connection when we moved furniture last night. Perhaps The Master is in league with Comcast.

The Master: "Come on guys. I'm not that evil."
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:20 am

tumblingdice wrote:Slight delay on this end. Something got messed up with our cable connection when we moved furniture last night. Perhaps The Master is in league with Comcast.

The Master: "Come on guys. I'm not that evil."

No worries. Because I'm such a team player, I decided to roll up my own magic items and starting gold. Funny thing, I got some +12 leather armor, a +8 longsword of everything slaying, and a decanter of endless Samuel Adams.

Oh, and 8GP to start with.

No need to thank me.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:55 pm

I was rolling for magic items and somehow my character died. Stupid Traveller...
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:23 pm

greyarea wrote:I was rolling for magic items and somehow my character died. Stupid Traveller...

I really liked the detail of Traveller but it was the only game the GM said "Bring a pre-rolled character to the game.". He didn't want to spend 2 hours of potential game time generating characters.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Spanningtree wrote:
greyarea wrote:I was rolling for magic items and somehow my character died. Stupid Traveller...

I really liked the detail of Traveller but it was the only game the GM said "Bring a pre-rolled character to the game.". He didn't want to spend 2 hours of potential game time generating characters.

I'm almost certain I've spent more time in character generation than actual play of Traveller.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads