Game thread 1 - Starry Nights in Aquitaine

Scalydemon's p-b-p LL game

Moderator: Scalydemon

Re: Game thread 1 - Starry Nights in Aquitaine

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Jeffery St. Clair wrote:"I'll have to see if I can coax a few more gems loose, then. As juvenile as it sounds... could someone give me a boost?"

Egbert moves to give Leon a lift... then realizes he may not be tall enough! :oops:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Fools Jest » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Immalor, Elf

"I will give you a hand Leon."

Will do what he can to assist in the treasure gathering.
Fools Jest

Postby Scalydemon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Leon is boosted up onto the Eldritch statue and begins the dubious task of carefully removing the emerald green eyes with his dagger point. The entire process takes over an hour but all told he hands over another 14 gems to Egbert to hold in his pouch. There are 21 gems in total, each can be sold for 250gp. Total haul = 5,250 gp!

You contimue searching through the slime infested Temple looking for anything else of value or a secret door, but find none. The skeleton's pack is searched. It contains some rotted foodstuffs that crumble at your touch, and also a corroded wool blanket and tent. Rolled in a tube is a vellum paper with writing on it. It has some damage from the slime but appears to be a map of sorts.

It is now 830am, Outside the Temple the sky is overcast and slate gray. What are your next actions?

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby greyarea » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Turin, cleric

Anyone have an idea about this map? Is that our goal, he asks, pointing to the star, or do we have something else here?
greyarea

Postby kwll » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:42 am

"I have no idea about what this map represents. Maybe our location is shown in there?" asks Zavenorrin, a bit disturbed by this discovery.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Vargr1105 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Balfa contributes, "We know too little about the sorounding countryside for this map to be of use. Maybe we should travel a bit more and attempt to discern locations? I think I see one village or outpost on the map..."
Vargr1105

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:49 am

Egbert

After studying the map for several minutes, and comparing it to his "mining map" knowledge from the past, he interjects his opinion... "Seems like we be at the "man" der... thah statue! An thaht lil'circle be the room we came in on an'burned up! ...but... I taint sure where we is an what's wut! So mebbe we do wut Balfa says? ...But me thinks thaht is t'wat it is... lil'man is statue, lil'circle is room we came in."

Eggi looks to his party for input - approval or disapproval of his suggestion.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby kwll » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:12 am

"You may be right, you may be wrong." answers Zavenorrin to Egbert. "Now the best way to find out is probably to leave this place and do what Balfa suggests, I agree. Let's move on!"
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Jeffery St. Clair » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:46 am

Leon, puzzled by this old map, shrugs and heads back toward his horse, glancing just once at Egbert to check that the dwarf's pouch with their gems is secure.
Jeffery St. Clair

Postby greyarea » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Turin, cleric

Turin will search both the floor, any "suspect" walls and the statue for secret passages or compartments.

If he finds nothing, he will agree with the others. Onward.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Night of the Walking Wet