[Computer Game] Legend of Grimrock

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

[Computer Game] Legend of Grimrock

Postby GreyKatana » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:07 pm

For those of you that might have played the Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master series, or that just like Dungeon Crawler RPG, yesterday saw the release of Legend of Grimrock (http://www.grimrock.net/).
Your party of four prisoners are thrown down the depth of mount Grimrock. If they can escape to the base of the spire, they win their freedom but no one as ever survived the perils of the dungeon.
It is a modern rendition of a classic genre, it even features an Old School mode which disables the auto-map and encourages you to take out a pad of graph paper and pencil.
GreyKatana

Re: [Computer Game] Legend of Grimrock

Postby austrodavicus » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm looking forward to this game. Frustratingly, although I've purchased it, I have to wait a few more days before I get my fast download speed back. I've used my monthly download limit and am currently on dial-up speed, and there's no way I can download the 450 mg file on that. Anyway, it looks great and will be good, cheap fun.
austrodavicus

Re: [Computer Game] Legend of Grimrock

Postby elf23 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:22 pm

I came across this recently as well. It's nice to see there's an OSR for computer games too!

I never play computer games nowadays, but Dungeon Master on the Atari ST is one of my all time favourite games, so Grimrock has certainly perked my interest! I read a review somewhere where the reviewer stated that he completed the game in about 50 hours, which struck me as extremely short -- I must have whiled away many weeks or even months worth of life playing through Dungeon Master -- ahh great days! :D

ps. did anyone here ever manage to get anywhere with Chaos Strikes Back? I completed DM several times in the end, but never got that far with CSB. The difficulty level seemed to have been upped by an order of magnitude!
elf23

Return to Open Discussion