Advanced Character Guide

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re: Advanced Character Guide

Postby excior » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:40 am

anybody ever do a planet of the apes type game with Mutant Future?
excior

Postby Malcadon » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:52 am

excior wrote:anybody ever do a planet of the apes type game with Mutant Future?

I have not, as I'm more into full-blown Kamandi-styled adventures with mixed Anthro races, but there are those who made PotA rules for MF, like this one.
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby Willy Elektrix » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:48 am

I've been working on update to this Advanced Character Guide. I've written approximately 75 new mutations (physical, mental, and plant). I'm rewriting the Mutant Future random mutation charts to include the new mutations. Then I have a lot of proofreading to do and I will release the next version of the supplement. As far as I can tell, this will probably be the most complete and content-rich supplement of this sort for Mutant Future.

Here are samples of the new mutations (content is not final):

Adhesive Touch (physical)
The mutant’s hands and feet have retractable sticky pads. The mutant can climb vertical surfaces with a movement of 40’. He can also climb across ceilings. If the mutant holds a tool or weapon, he may never be disarmed or drop it against his will.

Death Trance (physical)
The mutant can enter a death-like torpor at will. His body grows cold and numb, his breathing becomes imperceptible, and his metabolism slows dramatically. In this state, the mutant appears to be dead and cannot move, although he is aware of his surroundings. He is resistant to pain and can maintain the illusion of death even while taking damage.

The mutant can maintain the trance indefinitely, but would dehydrate after 1 month and starve after 1 year. He may leave the trance at will.

Trauma Sensitivity (physical drawback)
If the mutant loses half his maximum hit points in a single attack, he must roll a save versus stun. If he fails, the mutant immediately falls unconscious for 1d6 minutes. For instance, the mutant has a maximum of 60 hit points. If he suffers 30 or more hit points in a single instant, he must save versus stun.

Electromagnetic Pulse (mental)
The mutant can emit an electromagnetic pulse around himself. The pulse disables all electrical equipment in a 90’ radius. The equipment remains inoperable for 4d6x10 minutes. This includes electric lights, electronics, powered weapons, powered armor, robots, basic androids, and synthetics. Force screens are not completely neutralized, but their current value reduced by half. This mutation can only be used once per day.

Teleportal (mental)
The mutant can open a portal between his current location and another location up to 20 miles away. The mutant must be familiar with the location of the portal’s destination. He must have previously been there, seen a picture of it, or had it described to him in minute detail.

The portal can be up to 10’ in diameter. Looking through the portal is akin to peering through a doorway between two rooms, and creatures and objects pass instantly from one side to the other. The portal lasts indefinitely until its creator, or another mutant with the Teleportal mutation, destroys it. This mutation can only be used once per day.

Dream Invasion (mental)
The mutant can observe and manipulate the dreams of sleeping creatures. The mutant must be within 30’ of the creature, and the creature must be sleeping deeply. The mutant may simply watch the creature’s dream, or he may alter the dream in any way he desires. The mutant may manipulate the dreams of many creatures at once as long as they are within 30’ of him.
Willy Elektrix

Postby Willy Elektrix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:10 am

This supplement is being massively updated. The biggest addition is a host of new mutations. These are arranged into charts alongside the original Mutant Future futures for use during character creation.

There are 40 new physical mutations, 32 new mental mutations, and 6 new plant mutations.

The supplement is undergoing proofreading but will be available in several days for free download. I've had a great time playing Mutant Future and working on this supplement. I hope you guys enjoy the results.

Stay tuned!
Willy Elektrix

Postby Willy Elektrix » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:46 pm

The new version of the Advanced Character Guide has arrived!

View the PDF here.

Please provide your feedback. It has been tested through a whole campaign, but further testing and balancing would be great. As it stands, it is very playable and really enhances Mutant Future campaigns by providing much more variety and customization of the player characters.
Willy Elektrix

Previous

Return to Mutant Future