Dogs in the Dungeon

This forum is for ads for products/services/etc. Publishers are free to post ads here or in their own forum section, if applicable. Ads and/or announcements for free resources are also welcome in Open Discussion.

Re: Dogs in the Dungeon

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:37 pm

kibosh wrote:
There are already combat stats for dogs in the AEC, but for $1.50 this PDF is well worth the read. It is useful to any LL unfamiliar with dogs that wants to add them with a good sense of realism to their games. There is enough detail to bring them to life, but also enough room left for the LL to adapt them however they choose.

Thanks for the kind words! This article is one of those things that is inspired through play. I wanted to present some info and guidelines but not go overboard creating what would amount to a whole separate game within the game! I'm you guys are enjoying it.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Blood axe » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Cool- I'll have to pick it up.

There are some good articles on Dogs in Dragon mag #103 & #237 for those with access.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Blood axe » Sun May 01, 2011 3:44 pm

I bought it. I think its good in general, but it could have used some information on actual training & tricks. Players will constantly try to get the dogs to do things- fetch a certain object, bark if a creature is hiding or invisible,attack a specific enemy, etc,etc. None of that was included. Another page or two would have made a good article, into a GREAT article.
Blood axe

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu May 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Blood axe wrote:I bought it. I think its good in general, but it could have used some information on actual training & tricks. Players will constantly try to get the dogs to do things- fetch a certain object, bark if a creature is hiding or invisible,attack a specific enemy, etc,etc. None of that was included. Another page or two would have made a good article, into a GREAT article.

I felt all of those things could be covered with existing rules. Invisible creatures can only be detected at higher HDs for example, and being able to attack a specific enemy is assumed. I was trying to walk the line between too many and too few addition subsystems. But, I appreciate the feedback. :)
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Blood axe » Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:
Blood axe wrote:I bought it. I think its good in general, but it could have used some information on actual training & tricks. Players will constantly try to get the dogs to do things- fetch a certain object, bark if a creature is hiding or invisible,attack a specific enemy, etc,etc. None of that was included. Another page or two would have made a good article, into a GREAT article.

I felt all of those things could be covered with existing rules. Invisible creatures can only be detected at higher HDs for example, and being able to attack a specific enemy is assumed. I was trying to walk the line between too many and too few addition subsystems. But, I appreciate the feedback. :)

It would have been good to have those type of rules all in the same place. Still a good article and worth the small price.
Blood axe

Previous

Return to Advertisements