forums down for some people

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

forums down for some people

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi all, I've gotten a few email from people who say the forums are down for them. I'm out of town but will look into this Sunday. Please pass the word if you have the chance.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Re: forums down for some people

Postby greyarea » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:20 am

Thanks Admin. There's a thread in Trouble Tickets detailing the issue to some extent.
greyarea

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:40 pm

I tried something--working now?
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Elrik » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:52 pm

"I tried something--working now?"

Without a doubt that line made my day. I can not tell you how many times I have said that and clients have popped an eyebrow and demanded an answer. Then when I explain they get all glassy eyes and snore.

Thank you!
Elrik
The Bastard
Elrik

Postby michaelcurtis » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 pm

It was down all weekend for me, but I can (obviously) now access and read the forums once again.
michaelcurtis

Postby oldgamergeek » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:03 pm

michaelcurtis wrote:It was down all weekend for me, but I can (obviously) now access and read the forums once again.

same here.
"Our community is like a Heavy Metal concert, full of life and passion. Theirs is like a therapy session needing someone to tell them what to do and how to be happy."
oldgamergeek

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 pm

For the curious, back before I had other measures in place to prevent spam I was trying to do it by blocking IPs. Problem is it got to be too many and caused a memory and/or processing issue (I don't fully understand the whys of it). Anyway, it had been like that for a while (many months) and was causing some problems on the back end but I didn't think it affected access to the forums. Why it was acting up now for people I have no idea. I was finally able to go in and delete all the blocked IPs (I was getting the same error everyone else was getting before, but only when I went in to edit those IPs). Once I was able to delete that stuff everything apparently went back to normal.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion