Closed - LL pbp: Master of the Desert Nomads

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Closed - LL pbp: Master of the Desert Nomads

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:30 pm

To arms! To arms! The battle lines are drawn as desert men and inhuman tribes wait poised to strike the fertile and rich lands of the east. The call has gone out through the civilized lands. The armies have been raised to match the invading foes from the west. Nobles and peasants have joined swords to greet the foes.

But Fate or Chance has decreed another role for a small few. No glorious banners will wave on their march. No squadrons of knights will charge at their word. Instead, they will fight the war with stealth, secrecy, and cunning. The risks they will take are great, but the fates of both armies lie with them.

It begins one night for your party far from the fighting...

DM and 4 players seeking 4 more players able to post every 2-3 days. Characters all start with the same number of XP, and levels will range from 6-8, depending on party composition (50 levels total to start). Character generation 3d6, any order. Maximum hit points at 1st level, roll for subsequent levels. All normal equipment allowed within reason, plus (1d6+4)x100 gp in assorted coins, gems and jewelry. Magic items to be determined later.

To get an idea of my DMing style, feel free to check out The Sarcophagus Legion, along with Night's Dark Terror currently in progress.

Who's with me?
Last edited by tumblingdice on Fri May 16, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Re: LL pbp: Master of the Desert Nomads

Postby greyarea » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:46 pm

I haven't played as a full-on mage for a long time. I'm in as a m-u.

Stats: DEX:11, INT:16, CON:11, STR:7, WIS:8, CHR:15
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:57 pm

badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:59 am

Thanks, guys. There doesn't appear to be any interest, however, besides from those already committed. Either the holiday season is the wrong time of year to start a new game, the pbp market is saturated, or all the would-be players checked out my other games and decided to head for the hills! Oh well. Maybe next time.

Back to rescuing filthy Traladaran peasants...:D
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:30 am

Please try again later. If you decide to try on another forum, let badams and I know so we can be the magic wielding heroes of the desert!
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:03 pm

We don't need any other players. Greyarea and I can take on any Master. Of Desert Nomads, of old filthy Traldarans, ANYTHING!
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Well, you could. But the Master of the Desert Nomads could easily take on the both of you. Trust me. And if the Master didn't get you, the nomads would. :D

Rest assured I will try later, either here or at Unseen Servant. For now, though, it's back to Karameikos!
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Hey, don't try to leave without me! Please excuse my tardiness.

Plaakas the "ya' mon tis gunna be gud" druid. Never played one before.
[url = http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... e&id=20591]Stats: WIS:17, CON:16, INT:9, DEX:14, STR:15, CHR:12[/url]
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:08 am

Spanningtree, you've never played a druid before? Or, you've never played a dreadlocked rasta druid in a b/x game before? ;)

Either way, I'm afraid he'll have to wait for now. We didn't get enough interest.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Eh... I'm late :( but interested should the topic come up again!
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Next

Return to Gamer Gatherings