Timestorm adventure?

For discussion of the TIMEMASTER RPG now owned by Goblinoid Games, originally published by Pacesetter in 1984.

Timestorm adventure?

Postby Strider72 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:37 am

Hi --

I've noticed that there seems to be a "missing" adventure for Timemaster, called "Timestorm". At minimum I've seen it for sale on eBay. It appears to be an original Pacesetter product.

I was wondering why you don't have it in your inventory? Did you somehow not get the rights to this module when you bought the Pacesetter product line? Do you know anything else about it?
Strider72

Re: Timestorm adventure?

Postby sniderman » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:39 am

I spoke with Dan about this when he first secured the licence to the Timemaster. Timestorm has the PCs travelling through several times and other dimensions. Well, one of those dimensions is the Wabbit Wampage universe -- which is a boardgame that Pacesetter produced. Once Pacestter closed up shop, the rights to the boardgame has reverted to, well, it's unclear at this time. But the rights to Wabbit Wampage would need to be determined then secured before Timestorm could be released. It's unlikely that this would happen at this point.
sniderman

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:40 pm

sniderman wrote:I spoke with Dan about this when he first secured the licence to the Timemaster. Timestorm has the PCs travelling through several times and other dimensions. Well, one of those dimensions is the Wabbit Wampage universe -- which is a boardgame that Pacesetter produced. Once Pacestter closed up shop, the rights to the boardgame has reverted to, well, it's unclear at this time. But the rights to Wabbit Wampage would need to be determined then secured before Timestorm could be released. It's unlikely that this would happen at this point.

As I understand it the person who bought Wabbit Wampage bought the rights to the game in confidentiality, and since Timestorm had some WW material in it bought the copyright to those parts in the module, rendering it as a unit unavailable.

Just a minor point of clarification on Tim's post, I don't own a license to the Timemaster material, I outright own all rights. If anyone is interested in producing modules or other source material I'm open to licensing Timemaster on a case by case basis (most likely for free, depending on the nature of the project).
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby sniderman » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Sorry Dan. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I also misspoke (mistyped?) when I referred to a "license" rather than owning it lock, stock, and chronoscooter.
sniderman

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:27 pm

sniderman wrote:Sorry Dan. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I also misspoke (mistyped?) when I referred to a "license" rather than owning it lock, stock, and chronoscooter.

no worries, people mix up the terms all the time (myself included), I just wanted to clarify.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby seneschal » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Hmmm, Ebay and Noble Knight Games each has a copy of Wabbit Wampage for a mere $85.
seneschal

Postby sniderman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:33 am

Goblinoid Games wrote:As I understand it the person who bought Wabbit Wampage bought the rights to the game in confidentiality, and since Timestorm had some WW material in it bought the copyright to those parts in the module, rendering it as a unit unavailable

Because the Wabbit Wampage material is just one chapter of the entire module (yes, "chapter" -- it's that big), I wonder if that chapter could be edited out with the rest rewritten into an acceptable form? It's just one section that treads on the rights of others. The rest of the book should be passable once excised.
sniderman

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:51 am

I've wondered that myself. I'll look into it.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Strider72 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:10 pm

$85? really? Didn't know it could go for that much. Now I feel kinda stupid for punching the unpunched copy I bought at auction a while back (for... um... less than $85).

I heard somewhere (perhaps talking to Steve Sullivan) that the person who bought Wabbit Wampage basically bought it for the purpose of making it disappear. Not sure why somebody would do that... sort of an anti-vanity project I guess. :?:
Strider72

Postby seneschal » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:I've wondered that myself. I'll look into it.

Or, if you're up to it, replace the Wabbit Wampage section with a suitably cartoonish episode of your own devising. That way you can preserve the intent and "feel" of the original module without impinging on Lagomorphic IP.
seneschal

Next

Return to TIMEMASTER