Looking for players for an LL AEC sandbox game

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: Looking for players for an LL AEC sandbox game

Postby sonofotho » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:03 am

We are closing in on it, Thakazum. Have three now, and would like to get at least 1 more before starting. Can you PM me your email or send it to redboxcopenhagen@hotmail.com? Then I will send you the Player's Guide. Thanks!
Running the Stonehell LL sandbox game
Ran the Yendo LL AEC sandbox game (on hiatus....for now)
sonofotho

Postby Bard » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:17 am

I have no objection to pbem (I just wanna play!).

If we go that route, would we all agree to some convention for ease of organization? For example,

a) all messages contain a subject line with a given word (like "Yendo" for instance)

OR

b) each person always send from the same email address

or something of a similar nature?

With something like that, we could each easily filter the game messages into a particular folder in our respective email programs and not have to sift through everything trying to find game messages amongst our more mundane messages.

Perhaps this sort of thing is already standard practice (I'm new to this), but just in case it's not, I thought I'd ask.
Sound the trumpets, raise the drawbridge, and drop the Oldsmobile.

http://clashofspearonshield.blogspot.com/
Bard

Postby sonofotho » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:42 pm

I have gotten the green light from Dan to set-up a new PBP forum so we can go that route as well. I told him I will wait until we hit a critical mass (at least 4, ideally 5). I will let the majority rule on this one. Thakazum - were you only interested if this becomes a PBEM and not PBP?
sonofotho

Postby redwullf » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:19 pm

sonofotho wrote:I have gotten the green light from Dan to set-up a new PBP forum so we can go that route as well. I told him I will wait until we hit a critical mass (at least 4, ideally 5). I will let the majority rule on this one. Thakazum - were you only interested if this becomes a PBEM and not PBP?

If we're taking votes, I'd prefer play-by-post over play-by-mail. Easier to organize with topics/threads.
“The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” E. G. G.
redwullf

Postby Thakazum » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:32 pm

I'm really only interested in a PBEm game - I've yet to be in a PBP game that goes anywhere. I'll give it a try, though.
Thakazum

Postby sonofotho » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:21 am

I'd like to try and get 1 more player before getting started. If we don't have any luck by the weekend, we can go ahead and get started and hopefully pick up 1 or 2 thereafter that can be worked into the game.

Regarding the pbem vs. pbp question, like Bard, I just want to play. In my opinion whether the game has legs or not will depend most on our collective posting quality/frequency. I think this can be achieved in either format. Perhaps if we run as a pbp, we will have higher chance to bring in others when/if needed.

I suggest we start as a pbp and let's reassess if things don't seem to be working that well. Does this work?
sonofotho

Postby Bard » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:06 am

I like the idea of giving pbp a go and then switching if it doesn't work well. Seems reasonable to me.

Also, the time-table for getting started sounds good too.
Sound the trumpets, raise the drawbridge, and drop the Oldsmobile.

http://clashofspearonshield.blogspot.com/
Bard

Postby redwullf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Agreed. Let's start talking about characters. ;)
“The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” E. G. G.
redwullf

Postby sonofotho » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm

I have asked Dan to go ahead and get the forum set up. In the meantime, I will send you all a collective email regarding getting started with the character creation.
sonofotho

Postby redwullf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Sweet, looking forward to it.
redwullf

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings