Skull Mountain: The Island

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Island

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:08 am

Furuk takes out two flasks of oil. He lights them and throws the flasks at the lizardmen when they are directly below him.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:07 am

Tower Defense I

(surprise d6, 1, surprised) The lizardmen are surprised.

Dieter drops a flask of oil (d20, 16, HIT) and it explodes among the lizardmen. (d6, 4, LW1-4) Four of the lizardmen are caught in the flaming oil. (dmg d8x4, 8, 7, 1, 2) They burn and scream.

Furuk follows suit, aiming at those not yet aflame, (d20, 18, HIT). (d6, 4, LW3-6) The other two and two already engulfed are caught in the fireball caused by the smashing flask. (dmg d8x4, 4, 8, 1, 8)

Einar, Grimes, and Dandy race downstairs.

Tower Defense II

INITIATIVE baddies d6, 3, party d6, 4 Party has initiative

Dieter drops flask #2 at the same lizardfolk (d20, 20, CRITICAL HIT). Dieter's flask lands where all six lizardfolk are hit and receive max damage. Many of the screams die off.

Furuk drops his second flask (d20, 20, CRITICAL HIT) with the same results. The screams are silenced.

The other three make it downstairs and open the door. The stench of burning lizardfolk fills your nose. All of the warriors are dead and the flames are dying around their bodies.

(secret roll) Luckily, the screams and flame don't seem to have attracted any attention.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 32/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:21 am

Dieter - Mage

Heh, heh... Dieter looks over to Furuk: Nice job. We should probably get downstairs.

Dieter will make his way downstairs.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:42 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes stands in the doorway giggling like a yokel at the sight of the crispy lizards. "Heh heh heh... that warms my heart. But I'll tell you, I'll be glad when we are through with these damn things." Grimes waits for the rest of the gang to arrive and then says "Where to now, fellas? The dome things? Do you all think we should disable the catapult? Or no bother?"
badams30

Postby Fearghus » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:13 am

Einar, Thief

Under cover of his cloak, Einar snoops about the room a moment and then replies to grimes, "We should be able to quickly cut a few ropes and render it useless". He then motions to Dieter, "But I think we should be quick about it and follow our companion down stairs".
Fearghus

Postby Craigers07 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:16 am

Furuk smiles slightly at the sight of the burning bodies. He nods to Dieter, "On my way down."

He heads downstairs to join the others.
Craigers07

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:19 am

Dieter - Mage

On the way down Dieter will search the 3rd floor... more armbands (or anything else)!

OCC: Destroying the catapult is a good idea, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:06 pm

On his way downstairs, Dieter checks the third floor.

There is a storage room with many boxes, sacks and barrels. It will take some time to go through it all. A cursory check reveals some lamp oil, torches, rope, dried fish, and other staples and general goods. One sack "clinks" and Dieter opens it to find 11 platinum pieces.

The other room is apparently the leader's quarters. There is a wooden frame with hides and bedding, a low table and a locked chest. The chest is too heavy to drag downstairs.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes will assist with the search of the sacks and stuff. He'll try to hurry as best he can.... "What's our next move, fellas?"
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Dieter - Mage

Thanks Grimes. He will say to the assistance in opening the chest. He will grab two more flasks of oil from the store room and do some more searching while the others open the chest. He'll put the sack of platinum pieces in his pack and juice up the lantern too.

OCC: Sheet updated with platinum and 2 oil flasks.
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain