Looking for fall/winter events to attend

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Looking for fall/winter events to attend

Postby sniderman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Hey gang,

I usually try to attend 2 or 3 gaming conventions every year. This year, it just didn’t work out that way. I attended Gary Con back in March (and you really must go there yourself if you haven’t), but that’s it. I’m skipping Gen Con this year (giving myself some financial breathing room) and I didn’t sign up for Origins in time to merit the trip.

So here we are, reaching the end of July, and I’m trying to cram one or two gaming cons into my schedule before the end of the year. So pitch me your favorite convention that is still on the horizon in August – December. A few caveats:

1. I’m in Ohio and I’m trying to save money, so I won’t be flying anywhere. Sorry Texas, California, and most places out west. That goes for you too, deep south.
2. However, driving 6 hours to get someplace isn’t a problem, so anyplace 2-3 states away (or even on the east coast) is completely doable.
3. I’d like enough lead time to actually sign up to run some games, so anything in the late fall that’s soliciting GMs would be ideal.
4. No anime, videogame, or “little bit of everything” cons, please.

I know of Ohio’s Con on the Cob in October, but if there are other conventions in your neck of the woods, post ‘em here and give me a heads-up. Jonesin’ to run some Mutant Future and/or some Thundarr for folks!

“Your Friendly Neighborhood Sniderman”
sniderman

Re: Looking for fall/winter events to attend

Postby Wizardawn » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Wizardawn

Postby Scalydemon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:03 am

Dragonflight CON is Seattle's oldest and most awesome gaming CON (since 1980) if you scrape up airline dough or feel like a longer road trip

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby greyarea » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:27 am

Wizardawn wrote:http://www.gameholecon.com/

Gameholecon looks great. I wish I wasn't busy that weekend or I'd be there.
greyarea

Return to Gamer Gatherings