Through the Never

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Through the Never

Postby badams30 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Grimes

Grimes pushes Dandy toward the room with Dieter, then he sighs loudly and says "Let's go get the rest of these guys."

And he'll go back in to grab the others and drag them out.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Dieter - Mage

Feeling resigned to his task: Dieter will pluck out his left eye and hold it out.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Preposito Round 7

INITIATIVE baddies [1d6] = 6 party [1d6] = 5

Grimes returns to the room to see a shimmering sphere of about 30' diameter centered on the throne. Within his companions Shae, Castinus, and Karl are frozen in position. Preposito is getting up from his throne and walking towards Karl.

meanwhile...

Dieter holds out his eye, pain stricken across his face. The eye floats from his hand and flits towards the Umboðsmanni ógöngur. Yes. Very nice. A wizard's eye to add to my collection. I must say, that when I noticed you I had high hopes of harvesting your orb.

First things first, can't have you distracted.
The eye floats to the purple potato and attaches itself to the Umboðsmanni ógöngur, effectively becoming another eye on the multi-orbed being. Dieter feels a sharp pain in his face and then ... numb. The pain has gone.

Mmmm, very nice. I haven't had an eye this fine for quite some time.

I saw you enter Preposito's chamber. I take it you didn't have much luck. He is quite the foe. There are many on your world who would consider me a god and yet he's enslaved me with little effort. I'm mildly surprised he allowed you to escape...

In the middle room there is a pedestal and on that is an item that will shield the mind from his psychic influence and destroy his force field. He will still be tricky to defeat: he is a being you might call like a god or demon and he will still have many means to defeat you. But at least you will be able to hurt him.

The trick, of course, is getting the item from the pedestal. For an age it was impossible to all who entered here. Some were able to fight the psi-war veteran well due to their own abilities, but most were merely mice to a mouser. Prey for play until the preposito tired of it and devoured yet another soul. Until recently, when a thief of virtue was lured in. He has with him gloves that I think will allow him to grasp the phased mind shield and pluck it from the pedestal, which will allow for a fair fight...

Find the thief. He went to the celestron some time ago. I have not seen him since and have no eyes there.

If you get the mind shield and kill preposito, I will be free of this slavery and can reopen the path to your initial destination.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 21/46
--Furuk 26/59
Dieter 17/27 <magic missile, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, fireball x 2 >
--Dandy 31/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic > (Feeblminded)
Castinus 31/34
--Shaelyyndenel 19/22 <Charm Person, Magic Missile, Continual Light, Invisibility, Fireball>
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Grimes - Main Man of Poseidon

Grimes audibly sighs as he sees the situation in the room, before he enters fully he shouts "Uh... a little help here fellas..."

He shakes his head and says "Here goes." And he strides into the room, Wave at the ready. "HEY! Turd-ito! I'm not done with you yet. If yer' so bad, why you behind some magic wall? Scared? Come face me... and the power of the Sea Father!"

Grimes prays to Poseiden, drumming up all the courage he can, mentally dropping some good beats to Poseidon "Great one, guide my hand and your instrument to victory, don't let us perish in this nothingness...."

OOC: Nice knowing you all...
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:59 am

Dieter - Mage

Furuk, can you help be back to where the party is? I think I might stumble into a wall. Castinus has the gloves that can get the helm.... if I don't make it let everyone know. As they head back to the party room Dieter will pull out the shard they were given at the beginning of the quest, to ask for help. Grasping, rubbing and doing whatever he asks for assistance in the most dire way. He will whisper to the shard "We have stumbled upon something calling itself the Preposito, rather nasty piece of work... if we don't get help soon there will likely be no one to help."

Hope you've made well with your maker Furuk, been good knowing you... he will say as they enter Preposito's love hut.
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:33 pm

OC: Can Castinus move? I know he's supposed to do something with the gloves, but he couldn't hear any of that from the other room. I don't want to hold up progress.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Craigers07 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk wishes Dieter the best of luck and heads back to the room with Preposito.

He yells at Grimes and the others remaining,"Get out of here or you will meet your death!"

When Castinus retreats to the pedestal room, he will explain the use of the thief's gloves to reach the shield.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Preposito Round 9

The Preposito ignores Grimes and goes about his business, grabbing the porter who is frozen in time.

The others get in just in time to see the shimmering globe disappear and the force field reappear. Castinus and Shae are a bit disoriented as the last thing they remember is Dieter (with both eyes), Grimes, and Furuk outside of the room.

Laughter fills your minds. Luckily for you, Karl is in Dandy's silence spell field, as he appears to be crying in pain as the Preposito's fingers dig into his skull and he begins sucking his brains...

Furuk and Grimes grab Castinus and Shae, pulling them from the room.

You are all in the central pedestal room, the echo of laugher in your minds. Both Karl and Theo are lost.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 21/46
--Furuk 26/59
Dieter 17/27 <magic missile, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, fireball x 2 >
--Dandy 31/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic > (Feeblminded)
Castinus 31/34
--Shaelyyndenel 19/22 <Charm Person, Magic Missile, Continual Light, Invisibility, Fireball>
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:17 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will make his way as rapidly as possible to Castinus: You need to get to that pedestal in the middle of the room and grab the item sitting on it. It will protect you from the that evil thing, the gloves you found in the other room here will allow you to handle it. Dieter will do whatever is needed to get Castinus free.
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes clenches his fists and says "Hurry up and get that thing so we can hurt this clown. I wanna stick him real good, gutless coward."

Grimes will stand away from the doorway and out of sight of Preposito thing and waits on guard for someone to bring the object to allow us to put it to the bad guy.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain