Checking for interest in a Greyhawk campaign

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Checking for interest in a Greyhawk campaign

Postby greyarea » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Checking for interest in a Play-By-Post (PbP) Greyhawk campaign on this forum. This would start with The Village of Hommlet (and we all know where that leads) and once that module is done, it would potentially lead to other Greyhawk modules as well (S4, WG4, GDQ1–7 and others are possibilities).

Characters would start at first level and would be LL/AEC with the subclasses as defined by Dyson Logos https://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/tag/subclasses/. Because of this rule, characters can be a class with a subclass or a race with a subclass but not both (for example, you can be an Halfling Thief Fence or a Halfling Brewmaster but not a Halfling Brewmaster Thief and definitely not a Halfling Brewmaster Thief Fence). Alternate classes might be allowed at my discretion, so don't be afraid to ask. Chances are good that if the class or race makes sense and is well defined, it will be allowed. No gibbering mouthers though :)

Advanced HD (AEC21) would be in use.

Experience Points would use the simplified system from DCC as described in DCC26 (0-4 XP per encounter and set XP thresholds for all classes). This will hopefully simplify things for all involved. Because of this, multiclassing would not be allowed.

I'd use Unseen Servant http://www.unseenservant.com/ for DM dice rolling and would allow Players to roll their own stats, attacks and saves on Unseen Servant within the campaign I'd set up there (I have not set up a campaign there yet, but will let everyone know when one is set up). Using Unseen Servant for rolls would be optional for players (in which case DM makes all rolls) but if players want to roll themselves, it is the only option I'm entertaining.

Posting frequency would be 4-6 posts per week. Not quite daily. This can be slowed or sped up to meet players' needs.

If this gets enough interest, I will post house rules and character sheet templates and we can go from there.

For those of you who don't know me, I've been a member of these forums since before they were on this server. I run one of the oldest and most active campaigns on this forum (Skull Mountain -- check it out if you want to see my DMing style). I considered running this on Unseen Servant but I like this community a lot and I don't feel I know that one well enough yet (I'm in two PbP campaigns there, ATM). They have nice tools; we have an awesome community that I know well.
greyarea

Re: Checking for interest in a Greyhawk campaign

Postby merias » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:57 pm

I'd be interested...sounds great. In the meantime, I'll avoid reading the PDF I got from dndclassics :).
merias

Postby kjc » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:20 am

Do you see this happening after you finish Skull Mt. or concurrently?
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:01 am

kjc wrote:Do you see this happening after you finish Skull Mt. or concurrently?

Concurrently. I have plans to continue the Skull Mountain campaign after the current adventure, yet. Do don't go dying or getting all petrified. :twisted:
greyarea

Postby kwll » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:53 am

Hey I am interested as well!
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 am

Of course I'd be interested. No crazy fighters this time though.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:42 am

Great. A crazy druid.
greyarea

Postby fumanstu » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:52 am

Sounds great, I'd be interested too.
fumanstu

Postby greyarea » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:54 am

We've got four interested so far. One or two more would be great.
greyarea

Postby kjc » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Yes I'm interested! Greyhawk is my favorite world and I've set many adventures using Hommlet as home base.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Next

Return to Gamer Gatherings