Barrowmaze Complete & Otherworld Miniatures on Indiegogo

This forum is for ads for products/services/etc. Publishers are free to post ads here or in their own forum section, if applicable. Ads and/or announcements for free resources are also welcome in Open Discussion.

Barrowmaze Complete & Otherworld Miniatures on Indiegogo

Postby kiltedyaksman » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Greetings!

I'd like to announce BARROWMAZE a new classic fantasy megadungeon setting for Labyrinth Lord and related role-playing games.

You can find it at the link below in .pdf as well as both softcover and hardcover. Barrowmaze is currently ranked 7th on rpgnow and rising!

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=98978&filters=0_0_0_44499_0&manufacturers_id=4249

I'm supporting it through http://www.barrowmaze.com with extras and freebies.

If you love old school RPGs like I do, you won't be disappointed.

Please pass on the information to friends and fellow gamers across your blogs and networks. I'd really appreciate it.

Here's the info:

Local villagers whisper of a mysterious place deep in the marsh - a place shrouded in mist and dotted with barrow mounds, ruined columns, and standing stones. The tomb-robbers who explore beneath the mounds - or rather the few who return - tell tales of labyrinthine passages, magnificent grave goods, and terrifying creatures waiting in the dark. Are you brave (or foolish) enough to enter the Barrowmaze?

Barrowmaze is a classic old school megadungeon for use with Labyrinth LordTM and other fantasy role-playing games.

The Barrowmaze megadungeon setting includes:

1. An 84 page book describing Barrowmaze and The Barrow Mounds.

2. 300 encounter areas, traps, and puzzles to test the mettle of your players.

3. New magic items, spells, monsters, and classic blue maps.

4. Pregenerated characters and character sheets.

5. Over 25 new classic-style illustrations featuring artist Stefan Poag, as well as Toren Atkinson, Zhu Bajie, Trevor Hammond, John Larrey, and Jason Sholtis.

Barrowmaze will keep your players on their toes and your campaign going strong.

The .PDF can be yours for just $6.66 - that's right THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!

Buy the print copy and the .PDF is just $2.00!

Barrowmaze is brought to you by the Old School Renaissance (so don’t forget your 10’ pole).

Last edited by kiltedyaksman on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BARROWMAZE: A New Classic Megadungeon for Labyrinth Lord
and other Classic Fantasy Role-Playing Games available on RPGnow

Meatshields: The Classic Fantasy Hireling and Henchmen Generator
http://www.barrowmaze.com
kiltedyaksman

Re: BARROWMAZE: A Classic Fantasy Megadungeon for Labyrinth

Postby RAD Colin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm really, really looking forward to nabbing this in print. Speaking of which, any updates on when we're likely to be able to order hardcopies?

Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

Postby elf23 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:14 pm

Greg, what level characters is the dungeon aimed at?
elf23

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:49 pm

elf23 wrote:Greg, what level characters is the dungeon aimed at?

I had the same question. The preview mentions mid-level play but no specific level ranges.
Mark

Postby Rogahn's Bluff » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 am

I have the pdf. Hope the author doesn't mind me posting the following excerpt:

"Referees should strongly encourage their players to hire henchmen and/or hirelings, or begin play with multiple PCs. Henchmen, defined as classed NPCs, and hirelings, defined as 0-level men-at-arms, torch-bearers, and porters, are essential to success in early fantasy role-playing games. Examples are provided on page 58. Although this dungeon is directed toward introductory play, the Barrowmaze is absolutely lethal. Characters will die."

The pregenerated characters at the end of the book are all level 1. So, whilst it doesn't explicitly say it, "introductory" + pregens = newly minted 1st level characters.
Rogahn's Bluff

Postby Rogahn's Bluff » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:11 am

That said, I can easily see the early areas of the dungeon challenging a party of third levels. The stuff towards the end is definitely mid-level.
Rogahn's Bluff

Postby GreyKatana » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:18 pm

I bought it, and it is awesome.
I believe I saw somewhere that Barrowmaze should bring your characters from 1st level to 5th.
GreyKatana

Postby YHWH » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:52 pm

The comments of the grognardia review said something about levels 1 to 5.

I think the idea of modules bringing your character from level X to level Y is more of a 3e thing.
YHWH

Postby kiltedyaksman » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi everyone!

A couple things by way of a wee update: Barrowmaze has hit top 5 at http://www.rpgnow.com. Thank you for your support! Please continue to pass the word as I plan on writing Barrowmaze II with the revenue from Barrowmaze I. I'm going to ensure that OSR money stays in the OSR.

I'm trying to continually add value to Barrowmaze. You can find some extras at http://www.barrowmaze.com. The blank character sheet, for example, is now housed there as well as a rudimentary hexmap of The Barrow Mounds that will work in concert with the map in the adventure.

In terms of questions:

1. On page one I wrote that Barrowmaze is intended for "introductory through mid level play." Having said that, that doesn't mean that a mid level group could stand toe-to-toe with all the various Barrowmaze monsters and locations. The levels your PCs could hope to attain depends on how lethal your game is. If you read the session reports of my games, they die a lot. That will influence, to a degree, what level they can attain.

2. Print copies will be available in both softcover and in hardcover soon. Get this, I ordered my print copies on Feb 9. It took them 6 business days to make them and I received a mail notice on the 16th indicating 5-10 business days so I'm still within that window. Seems like it is taking forever! Nonethless, once they arrive and I check them over for an issues I will open them up for sale. So I'm very hopeful they will arrive this coming week (27th-2nd). I spent a ton on the art with the idea that perhaps some folks might want a bound copy simply for that reason, and well, because I love old school art and it helps support our awesome artists. I think it also helps the people running games to get all-hyped up for their players :)
BARROWMAZE: A New Classic Megadungeon for Labyrinth Lord
and other Classic Fantasy Role-Playing Games available on RPGnow

Meatshields: The Classic Fantasy Hireling and Henchmen Generator
http://www.barrowmaze.com
kiltedyaksman

Postby elf23 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:37 pm

I just bought the PDF today and am loving it! Excellent and very accessible work Greg!

A small question about the content: I've not read the whole PDF yet, but on a quick scan I don't seem to be able to find the location of the Tablet of Chaos itself within the Barrowmaze. Was this intended to be placed by the DM, or is it coming in Barrowmaze part II? ;) (I'm wondering about this because it seemed like one of the most obvious hooks to introduce the dungeon into a campaign would be some rumour about this Tablet of Chaos.)
elf23

Next

Return to Advertisements