RPGNow vs DriveThruRPG

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Re: RPGNow vs DriveThruRPG

Postby Dyson Logos » Wed May 25, 2011 1:23 am

YGN gives the publisher the better cut.

RPGnow and DTRPG used to have different percentages, but since the merger / takeover they are the same.

YGN also used to have the micropayment offset charge, I'm not sure if they still do (basically it was if your total purchase was under price X ($5 I believe), you got charged the processing fee instead of YGN absorbing it).
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby greyarea » Wed May 25, 2011 1:51 am

I've always purchased from Steve Games' e23 when I can. I prefer their layout, their "no DRM" rules (it's good to be trusted), and their locker of stuff you've bought. Does anyone know how well they treat publishers?
greyarea

Postby kaomera » Wed May 25, 2011 3:14 am

IIRC at one point one of either DTRPG or RPGNOW was passing along PayPal fees for small transactions (like <$5?), but it was clearly stated what was happening and there was even a chance to add more items to the order before the fee was applied. I'm also pretty sure they still ask customers to make multiple purchases all at once if possible, as it keeps their operating costs down.
kaomera

Postby Blood axe » Wed May 25, 2011 2:27 pm

I made several purchases thru RPGNOW and never saw any fees. Always worked out well.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Previous

Return to Open Discussion