Write a Thing; Win some Horror for the Holidays (Maybe)

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

Write a Thing; Win some Horror for the Holidays (Maybe)

Postby Bisikoff » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:50 am

Howdy All,

So, let's have a little fun. It's early November, and I'm thankful for the many friends and hours of fun gaming's given me. I'd like to help generate a little fan fun and contribution for Cryptworld, and maybe make somebody's holiday a little nicer.

I happen to have over-acquired some used Chill stuff (2nd edition via Mayfair). Specifically, I have an extra copy of Horrors of North America, by the late Nigel D. Findley. While this is a 2nd edition Chill product, there are conversion guides on the web for 2nd ed to 1st ed, and Cryptworld and Chill share a common rules engine: Pacesetter's. The book isn't of an great financial value - cover was $12 US, and I bought it for $4. Still, it's some good inspiration for a hungry Crypt Master, and by a favorite author of mine. And I'd like to give it away.

How can you acquire this fine, chilly offering for yourself or a friend?

Write an original thing and post it to this thread before December 1, 2013 midnight (i.e., the evening of the 1st; midnight pacific time).

I will - quite arbitrarily, and possibly with guidance from Dan & Tim (though they have no idea of this .. :twisted: ) - select one entry that I simply like the best, and award the book. I'm willing to ship it pretty much anywhere at a reasonable rate (I'll pay shipping, up to a point I think is silly).

The Fine Print

Some rules, cause we're gamers and there's gotta be rules:

1) By posting, you enter.
2) Contest null and void anywhere it's considered illegal, immoral, or unethical.
3) Make your entry original. For this contest, I'd like to see some unique creations, interesting takes on global folk lore, movies, etc. ... or your own nightmares. Let's not do cliches for this thread.
4) Full entry please. Your entry should emulate those in the CW rulebook - a stateblock and some paragraphs. The vampire is the longest entry, so use that as you "no more than" guideline. I won't word count if you don't, though. Plus ... :ugeek:
5) Use it in a Sentence! One more thing. Add a Last Paragraph with a Header for "The Tale ..." providing a sample adventure seed for your thing.
6) Keep it at the same gore / PG rating as Cryptworld as well.

That's about it.

Any takers? :)

[Post subject to delection and / or move by Goblinoid].
Bisikoff

Re: Write a Thing; Win some Horror for the Holidays (Maybe)

Postby Bisikoff » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:28 am

I would be happy to extend the contest a week or so, if there was any interest, and hope this contest thread hasn't put anyone off in some way. :oops:
Bisikoff

Re: Write a Thing; Win some Horror for the Holidays (Maybe)

Postby jaerdaph » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:11 am

Bisikoff wrote:I would be happy to extend the contest a week or so, if there was any interest, and hope this contest thread hasn't put anyone off in some way. :oops:

Not at all - it's a great idea. I've been very busy lately, but I'll try to put an entry together before the deadline. 8-)
Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales
Chilling Tales Horror Roleplaying Blog: http://chillingtalesrpg.blogspot.com
jaerdaph

Return to CRYPTWORLD