Skull Mountain: The Shrine

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Shrine

Postby Craigers07 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:00 pm

“West it is.”

Furuk heads south to the intersection and peeks around the corner. He looks down the west corridor while watching for any surprises from the south.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:22 am

Peering around the corner, the party sees a rectangular room with tapestries patterned with complex spiraling designs hanging from most of the walls. A large stone table dominates the center of the floor, surrounded by high backed chairs. A silver candelabrum stands in the center of it and glows with magical light.

On a chair in here is a manacled and blindfolded young man matching Aiden's description.

-p
greyarea

Postby Scalydemon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Anadrea

"Well, maybe this is the kid?" Steps into the room to check things out. She will enter and pull back the tapestries first to make sure nothing is hiding behind them leaving someone else to question the boy.

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Fearghus » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Einar, human Thief

Einar slinks around the room to the boy in the chair. He reaches out and touches him for a moment to test that he is real and not some figment, and asks, "What is your name, boy? Quickly with it!"

OOC: sorry about that name mix up! was running on fumes at the end of the week and got my posts confused. ;p
Fearghus

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:24 pm

Dieter

Dieter will stay in the hallway watching for cultists.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Anadrea checks behind the tapestries but finds nothing. No one seems to be lying in wait there.

Einar surprises the boy, still dressed in a dirty nightshirt. The boy tries to look around, although the blindfold prevents him from seeing who is there.

"Hello? Who is there? My name is Aiden and I'm the son of the Sir Taris! When my father hears of this outrage he'll come and rescue me. You'll see." His speech is slurred and he seems very confused. He's also talking a bit loudly, although Dieter doesn't see anyone coming in response, at least not yet.

The manacles holding him to the chair are locked but the lock looks simple compared to what you've seen before, and if you aren't able to pick them you should be able to move him with them on, although slowly and loudly.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby Fearghus » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Einar, human Thief

Einar removes his gloves and vigorously rubs his hands together. "Lets see if we can do this", he mutters to himself. He unrolls his tool-kit and finds the appropriate items to begin working the foot-lock open.
Fearghus

Postby greyarea » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:44 pm

(Secret roll, SUCCESS) With a soft click the manacles are loosed as Einar deftly picks the lock.

Aiden wonders at his newfound freedom, flexing his fingers and stretching his legs. "Is it time for me to die? Is that it? Huh?" he says combatively. "Are you going to sacrifice me to your dragon god? Your Obsidian Heart? I have the blessings of the Good Earth! My father will rescue me, mark my words!"
greyarea

Postby Scalydemon » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Anadrea

"Pipe down kid. We're the rescuing commitee. Now let's say we get you back to town and collect our reward.."

Anadrea suggests leaving with the boy ASAP as she remembers something about a timeline.

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:03 am

Dieter

Indeed, let us get out of this place. It was mid-day when we past outside in the caldera, I have a feeling that by the time we are able to egress this place it will be night.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain