Grey Aliens?

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

Grey Aliens?

Postby MoonSylver » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:02 pm

Out of curiousity, has anyone done stats for "The Greys" aka "Grey Aliens"?

I know Chill/Cryptworld is more Horror than Sci-Fi based, but I figure there is enough overlap to include these little buggers.

Soon as I learn the system I'll whip some up if not, but figured I could save myself the trouble if so.

Forgot to mention "The X-Files" as another source of inspiration for the game I want to run, so I'll need some Greys. ;)
MoonSylver

Re: Grey Aliens?

Postby sniderman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:02 am

Actually, sci-fi horror is somewhat supported by Cryptworld, as evidenced by the Criswells (inspired by Village of the Damned and Scanners); Preceptors (inspired by They Live); Space Blobs (The Blob, of course); and Trilliads (Day of the Triffids). So coming up with some alien greys should be fairly straight forward. I would just "reskin" the Preceptors as the simplest option.
sniderman

Re: Grey Aliens?

Postby MoonSylver » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:12 am

Of course. Just didn't want to be too presumptuous, since I'm sure some folks might see them as more "straight up" sci-fi than horror (though I think the idea of being abducted, experimented on, etc, is pretty darn horrific!)

Good call on re-skinned Preceptors. I was thinking of them having psychic abilities of some kind, so a mash with Criswells might be in order too.

Once I get comfortable with the system I'll think on it further. :)
MoonSylver

Return to CRYPTWORLD