natural attack questions

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

natural attack questions

Postby flotteur_zygon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:44 am

I'm new to labyrinth lord and mutant future (ie basic d&d ish systems). Can a mutant animal with a natural attack (bite) and an axe attack 2 times per turn at level 1 (one axe attack and one bite attack)? Would a mutant with the multiple arms mutation gain extra attacks per round? How are two-weapon fighting handled in this system? Thanks in advance :D
flotteur_zygon

Re: natural attack questions

Postby Malcadon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:15 am

I can't remember how the rulebook rules on this, but if you are playing as the Game Master... err... Mutant Lord, then you can rule in anyway you wish. I would personally rule that you a creature or character could only make a natural (bite, claw, etc.) or a weapon attack, unless the natural attack is of a nature that would allow for both, like a mutant with long, weaponized tail, antenna or neck.

As for two-weapon fighting, I don't think the rules cover that. The rules just assume that you fight with a hand weapon or a two-handed weapon, but not a weapon in each hand. If you want characters to dual-wield, you might have to house rule something. For me, I allow players to wield a shortsword with dagger, or a sword with shortsword (the second weapons are for off-hand). The extra weapon doesn't grant an extra attack (but may be used if one has more then one attack a round), but allows for a "parry" bonus to defense. Basically, it works like a shield bonus (I have them higher in my games to make desirable), but "parry" only adds against melee attacks. (If you cant tell, I do a lot of house rules.) I hope all that was at all useful. I also have house rules, post-apocalyptic settings, and gaming ideas at the MF Wiki (see link in my signature).

Oh, and welcome to the Mutant Future community!
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Return to Mutant Future