LIST OF LABYRINTH LORD PRODUCTS

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Re: List of Labyrinth Lord products?

Postby RAD Colin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Thakazum wrote:RAD Colin... you are a machine! Thanks.

I prefer the term "Artificial Person" myself.

Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

Postby RAD Colin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Once more into the fray...

R. Lawrence Blake has released several modules on Lulu for Labyrinth Lord in both POD and PDF:

The Courtyard of Gerald Red offers the pdf for FREE.
Gerald Red held evil and blasphemous battle games for the public within the confines of his courtyard. When the local officials came to put a stop to the bloodshed, Red vanished, leaving behind a terrible legacy of horror and death that surrounds his courtyard to this very day. Can your characters conquer Red’s construct and put the surrounding communities of Irllendom at ease? The Courtyard of Gerald Red is a perilous adventure for character levels 1-3. For use with the Labyrinth Lord™ rules or other Basic RPG systems.

The Lost Staves of Maurath
An open sinkhole under a sacred temple has revealed a catacomb of twisted dark caverns. Vicious creatures from below raided the temple of its most precious possessions, the magical Staves of Maurath. Now the staves must be found, and an open call has been issued for a group of powerful adventurers to explore the caverns and find the Lost Staves of Maurath. However, it is believed that the caverns may echo the deadly secret of an ancient and evil burial chamber. The Lost Staves of Maurath is a challenging adventure for character levels 4-6. For use with the Labyrinth Lord™ rules or other Basic/Expert RPG systems.

Fabled Curse of the Brigand Crypt
The legend of an ancient crypt outside the ghost town of Iron City tells of a powerful curse and those who venture there will surely meet their doom. A group of bloodthirsty brigands moved into the city, using its rotted dwellings as a base for their terrible raids on local travelers. When the thieves suddenly vanish, fears and questions arise about where they went and what was left behind. Can your party survive the traps and puzzles that surely lie within the crypt in hopes of finding the brigands’ abandoned treasure? Fabled Curse of the Brigand Crypt is a fearsome adventure for character levels 1-3. For use with the Labyrinth Lord™ rules or other Basic RPG systems.

A Promise of Vengeance Fulfilled
An evil warlord, facing betrayal from his own family, swore revenge with his dying breath. Ten years later, his vengeance has come to pass with the murder of one and the promise of more death to follow. Has the warlord raised from a decade of unrest to fulfill his bloodthirsty oath? Can the characters stop him before more fall prey to his vengeance? A Promise of Vengeance Fulfilled is a dangerous dungeon crawl for character levels 5-7. For use with the Labyrinth Lord rules or other BASIC/EXPERT rpg systems.
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

Postby RAD Colin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:10 pm

Voyage to Plague Island by Timothy Lowell, is definitely LL-focused, despite its blurb:
While sojourning in a nameless village on the Parched Coast you must have been slipped sleeping powders. You awoke on board an oared galley in chains, and forced to row. Your mind numb and unable to recall much, you rowed for what seemed like days. Talk among the other slaves was that the ship was bound for Plague Island. Your cruel captors, when not whipping you and your oar mates told you how wealthy you would make them once they sold you, and of how well you would die in the arena at the Jade Palace... Voyage to Plague Island is an adventure module for fantasy role playing games. It is a wilderness adventure for characters level 4-7, a ship wreck and survival scenario set on a deadly island. It is written in the "Old-School" style and is fully compatible with games such as Swords & Wizardry, Labyrinth Lord, OSRIC, OD&D and other retro-clones of the original fantasy role playing game. 48 pages. Artwork by Brian "Glad" Thomas and Jason Braun.

I've downloaded it myself, and the stat blocks are absolutely perfect matches for LL's stat blocks. I think the author should've made that fact more apparent.

Colin
RAD Colin

Postby RAD Colin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:20 pm

The One Page Dungeon Contest has run for several years, and produces VAST SWATHES of system-neutral one-page mini-modules. You can downloaded collected pdfs of the entries below. Be warned, some of the collections are humongous (like 60 megs' worth of free material)!

1PDC Collected 2011
1PDC Collected 2010
1PDC Collected 2009

Colin
RAD Colin

Postby Mark » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:21 am

When do you sleep, RAD Colin? :D That's an excellent and thorough list. Some of it is beyond what I envisioned for my personal list. Who needs my take when you tossed it all out in power-poster style?
Mark

Postby Blood axe » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:38 am

Our very own members KNIGHTVISION and BARRATARIA have several cool adventures! Check them out.
Then there is the Shadowbrook Manor- another good one!
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby petespahn » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:42 am

Compiling ...

I'm not off again until Wed and Thurs so expect the OP to be updated then. Thanks everyone!

Pete
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Postby RAD Colin » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Blood axe wrote:Our very own members KNIGHTVISION and BARRATARIA have several cool adventures! Check them out.
Then there is the Shadowbrook Manor- another good one!

I didn't post the Knightvision modules because Mark's list already included them (as well as Shadowbrook Manor); I was just posting material his listing didn't yet include. That way he could update his, and then Pete could basically copy everything into the OP, creating one huge resource listing for LL fans.

Colin
RAD Colin

Postby RAD Colin » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Mark wrote:When do you sleep, RAD Colin? :D That's an excellent and thorough list. Some of it is beyond what I envisioned for my personal list. Who needs my take when you tossed it all out in power-poster style?

Your list is needed because a lot of folks simply don't check game-specific forums, preferring instead only to hang out on umbrella forums like RPG.net and TheRPGSite. That means, of course, that they miss a heck of a lot of great stuff. Ideally, of course, something like the final listing would be displayed via a link on the Goblinoid Games website or the like. Having everything in a clear, central, easily-found location would be a godsend for a lot of people, and could only enhance the popularity of LL as a very well supported system.

Oh, and isn't Sleep a myth? I've heard about it, but I've got two young children, so they ward off any encounters with that mythical entity. ;)

Colin
RAD Colin

Postby RAD Colin » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:25 pm

More freebies:

Although listed for S&W use, The Warlock's Homebrew includes some nice system-neutral downloads:

The DM's Campaign Journal
This 28 page free download is intended to keep track of the session number, session date as well as campaign dates. You can also add adventure notes, NPCs that the characters run into and any tiny plot hooks that come up. There is also a place to keep track of Treasure found, monsters encountered as well as their experience and hit points. And keeping track of time in the adventure can be challenging when there is so much else going on so check boxes for rounds and turns have been added.
As you fill this booklet up with your notes, add a volume number and begin filling up the next book, you'll have records of all your sessions as well as any tiny event that happened which can be referred back to in your organized volumes for new plot hooks and session ideas.
Available in US Letter and European A4 formats.

City Guide Booklet
The new city guides are created to help with sandbox campaign note taking and planning of various towns and cities that the characters may explore. As I've mentioned before, my sandbox is just a very broad-stroke which I fill in as the players explore. Thus, notes were beginning to pile up all over the place and on all sorts of notebooks and scraps of paper. Cities were a special case as residents may come and go, items sold or traded from previous adventures would now be a part of this shops inventory. This booklet will help keep that organized.
It's a 16 page booklet with room for 20 building maps and descriptions, a page for the general city map and city notes such as government, trade, laws, etc and finally a numbered hex map of the general region around the city or settlement.

Dungeon Time Tracker
Timekeeping during dungeon exploration is a crucial component for any game session and it's up to the DM to note this detail. Time keeping is important in knowing when to roll for wandering monsters, how long a spell may last as well as the use of torches, lanterns and other PC resources.
This gaming aid will help the DM keep track of rounds, turns and monsters encountered during a game session. It's based on my Campaign Journal gaming aid but has been simplified just for time keeping during dungeon exploration.
Available in US Letter and European A4 formats.
RAD Colin

PreviousNext

Return to Labyrinth Lord