Return to the Temple

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Return to the Temple

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:32 am

I'm sorry, the warrior says. No offense intended. I thought he was St Cludge of the something. I suppose we need some churching up so we know more. Are you a cleric of St Q-bert? Can you bless us or something?

They strip off their chain mail and leave their weapons in the tall grass.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 10/10 <3,0>
Morgan 18/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 < >
Calmert 14/14 <2/3/friends>
Caydon 9/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:13 pm

Morgan looks at Thurwin, then nods as well. He lowers his sword. "It appears you are sincere in your remorse. While I would prefer you join the ranks of Heironeous, I'm sure he would smile at your conversion to St. Cuthbert of the Cudgel as well. We could use your help immediately, but perhaps a journey back to civilization would do you well."

OC: I say let them go.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:50 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

OOC: I'm going to tell them to gather their weapons and armor for the journey, they may need them. We can check on them when we go back to Homlett in the near future. If anyone objects, that's fine, we can send them along without gear.

IC:
Thurwin motions for the men to gather their gear. "Equip yourselves for your trip to Homlett. These are dangerous woods. Please take our friend Darryl to the Church and see he's given a proper burial, won't you? Tell them that Calmert sent you. If you do as you say and join the ranks of St Cuthbert, then I'll bring you some coin upon my return to help you get settled in. What say you? Oh, and do not go by way of Nulb. Go straightaway to Hommlet, good men."

OOC: Since we haven't slept yet, should we feed them and then send them along in the AM?
badams30

Postby merias » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:13 pm

badams30 wrote:OOC: Since we haven't slept yet, should we feed them and then send them along in the AM?

"I still do not trust these men, Thurwin. Let us usher them along quickly," Effric whispers.

He'll see to Toto's burial near the tower and tend to Sly once the men are gone.
merias

Postby kwll » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:15 pm

Calthas will not object to the departure of the prisoners, but he will keep a close eye at them until they leave.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:22 pm

OOC: Sounds like pushing them along is the plan. Do we have them take Darryl, or bury him here?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:36 pm

We don't mean to disparage Hyannis, says the man to Morgan. We just know of St Q-bert's church in Hamlet and thought that would be the best place. If you want us to find a Hyannis church, if you could tell us where it is we'd go. We just know that the Earth Temple is something we want no part of. You all killed Romag and he was the high priest and all, so we figure to switch to good.

They take their cloaks and bows and fashion a makeshift cot. We can carry your friend Larry in this, back to Hamlet and bring him to the church for burying. And we don't our armor and weapons. I figure if we run into bugbears or something than it means we earned it and we die knowing we changed. If St Q-bert blesses us and we get to Hamlet then its a sign that we need to work at the church there. Seems like it's leaving it up to the gods to me, and we're serving bad gods no more.

Actions?

Effric 10/10 <3,0>
Morgan 18/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 < >
Caydon 9/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Thurwin - wizard

Thurwin glances at Morgan and says "I think uh, Hyanis would approve. Let us help you to get going, then. And the man's name is Daryl. He was a good man. You gents be careful now."

Thurwin will help send them along and then he says "Let's gather all their things, including the Romag fellow." Then we can tidy up the tower and prepare to rest and recuperate...
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:56 am

CALMERT: Cleric
The Gnome follows a ceremonial 'blessing' on the men (not the spell Bless), and offers them the peace of St. Cuthbert. He leave it to the group to decide if the men should go or not, but he wants to believe the men.
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:02 pm

The men kneel before the cleric as he says a prayer over them, then take up the corpse of Darryl and trudge off.

Toto the gnoll is buried beside the tower.

Inspecting the damage to the tower, you see it isn't as bad as the fire made it seem. The front door is smashed, of course, but the roof still holds, although there are black spots where the wood is charred. The day is swiftly turning to evening and chill takes the air.

Actions?

Effric 10/10 <3,0>
Morgan 18/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 < >
Caydon 9/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk