Request for LL Digest-sized Books/PDF

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Re: Request for LL Digest-sized Books/PDF

Postby Aplus » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:11 pm

fixed! thanks
people them with monsters of various horrid aspect
Aplus

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Aplus wrote:P.S. - I did not mean any slight by not mentioning the real people behind this work (Tom Moldvay and Dan Proctor) within the document itself, I just got a little skittish with all the legalese being tossed around in this thread. Thanks again Dan for being cool about this!

Don't worry about it. For the purpose you have here you can mention me, no big deal. These kinds of efforts are more about player utility. If we were talking about a spiffy new layout, selling it, etc. etc. then it would be a different story.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby scadgrad » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:Don't worry about it. For the purpose you have here you can mention me, no big deal. These kinds of efforts are more about player utility. If we were talking about a spiffy new layout, selling it, etc. etc. then it would be a different story.

I think that's what most of us were shooting for Dan. It would be really nice to have something that players could have to assist in spreading the game to new players, facilitating game sessions where all the players have not "bought in" yet.
scadgrad

Postby Omote » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:08 pm

I know it is essentially a dead topic, but I'd love to see a digest version of both LL and AEC. Man, that would be all kinds of awesome.

~O
Omote

Postby Aplus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:10 am

Omote wrote:I know it is essentially a dead topic, but I'd love to see a digest version of both LL and AEC. Man, that would be all kinds of awesome.

~O

well, that makes 2 requests. interest is growing!
people them with monsters of various horrid aspect
Aplus

Postby Omote » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Oh, and hardcover digests too! ;)

~O
Omote

Postby MedievalKnievel » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:40 pm

I'll just point out that it's really not that difficult to make such a thing for your own personal use. I did it myself in about a weekend's worth of time:

http://blog.binkystick.com/2010/04/22/little-red-books/

Yes, that's not just a reprint in booklet format, I took the raw text document and dumped it into an Open Office document and formatted it up to my liking. Yeah, I had to fix up some tables and copy/paste some artwork (you'll see in my pictures I even stole some artwork from some other familiar works). Obviously this isn't for distribution, I even put a disclaimer on the front and the couple of hard copies I made don't leave my gaming table.

Best part is though, if you do it yourself it then becomes trivial to work in all your specific house rules and the like. I even took the opportunity to break it apart into two books: one for players and one for the DM. DM volume includes mostly monsters and the hireling stuff most players don't really need, everything else is in the player's book. I use a re-usable spiral binding so it's easy to open up and replace just a couple pages at a time so I don't have to reprint the entire thing every time we implement a new house rule.
MedievalKnievel

Postby Vlark » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm

MedievalKnievel wrote:I'll just point out that it's really not that difficult to make such a thing for your own personal use. I did it myself in about a weekend's worth of time:

http://blog.binkystick.com/2010/04/22/little-red-books/

Yes, that's not just a reprint in booklet format, I took the raw text document and dumped it into an Open Office document and formatted it up to my liking. Yeah, I had to fix up some tables and copy/paste some artwork (you'll see in my pictures I even stole some artwork from some other familiar works). Obviously this isn't for distribution, I even put a disclaimer on the front and the couple of hard copies I made don't leave my gaming table.

Best part is though, if you do it yourself it then becomes trivial to work in all your specific house rules and the like. I even took the opportunity to break it apart into two books: one for players and one for the DM. DM volume includes mostly monsters and the hireling stuff most players don't really need, everything else is in the player's book. I use a re-usable spiral binding so it's easy to open up and replace just a couple pages at a time so I don't have to reprint the entire thing every time we implement a new house rule.

WANT. 8-)
Vlark

Postby austrodavicus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:21 am

MedievalKnievel - it's a thing of beauty, well done.
austrodavicus

Postby MedievalKnievel » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:26 pm

I appreciate the accolades, but I stand by my original statement -- it's really not that hard to make. If you guys are interested, I could write up a more detailed step-by-step on how to put such a thing together. It does require investment of $50 for the binding machine and $11 for a pack of coils. Also, access to a decent printer.
MedievalKnievel

PreviousNext

Return to Labyrinth Lord