7. Loshad's Bargain

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 7. Loshad's Bargain

Postby kjc » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:25 am

Jorg - Fighter
"When needed, Jorg will be proud to kill you Thyatian. Do not give a second thought!"
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:41 am

It looks like the group has decided to head straight to Xitaqa. Any plans for the three horses of the fallen goons? How about Soldath's clothes?

You're directly across the river from Sielo. If you ride along the narrow plain between the river and the escarpment, you'll make it to Xitaqa sometime after dark. Do you want to do that, or would you like to stop somewhere along the way and camp, and then approach the ruins fresh in the morning? No one knows when Soldath is going to change back to human form. You could also head into the hills for better concealment, but a longer journey.

What's the plan?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan scowls at Jorg and shakes his head. "I say we ride now as far as we can, and find some concealment for a campsite. Then we go to this filthy old place and rescue our host. Our attackers are on the run, so they'll likely assume we are heading away, so that should give us an edge. Soldath! Follow us, won't you?"

OOC: Let's secure Soldath's gear and the ride! (I vote to set the horses free, or take one of them as a spare.)
badams30

Postby kwll » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:09 pm

Meringered takes it upon himself to tend to one of the horses, which he intends to use as spare. He will follow the group when everybody is ready.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Tret, rogue

Tret suggests they take all three horses as spares. He also loots the bodies of the fallen, ignoring weapons and armor (unless they seem especially nice) and focusing on money, gems, and other trinkets.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Soldath - Mage

Soldath will follow/circle at a distance of about 30 to 45 feet. When they depart he will continue. If any bunnies run by he'll nab them. Bow... bow wow!!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kipper » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Old Anja (Shaman)

Old Anja claims one of the spare horses, then ceremoniously releases it. "There, that satisfies my obligation to Loshad!"
kipper

Postby greyarea » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:24 am

Tret, rogue

Tret winks at Anja, I knew I liked you.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:00 am

Tret, a search of the remaining bodies turns up no treasure, besides the 50 gp Athelstan found on the lead rider. Awaiting PM from greyarea...

Anja, the horse stands around doing nothing. Short of your rushing it, staff in the air, it probably won't run away.

Meringered will be able to lead a spare horse, as will Tret if he still decides to do that. A horse for Stephan to ride, should you rescue him, may prove helpful.

Soldath manages to stay with the group, except for a few side trips to hunt rabbits and the like. He does disappear at night, however, when you make camp.

The night passes without incident, until...

Sending PM to spanningtree...
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:23 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Seeing that the horse won't leave, Athelstan will take a rope to it and lead it behind Bud. "We can keep him as extra, along with the others." He raises an eyebrow to Anja and says "You are a woman of your word, Traldaran. But as for that filthy horse man, I'll kill him and flay him before I'll turn my faithful steed loose. Mark my words, that dirty creature and I have a reckoning once this is over."

Once we camp, Athelstan will work on cleaning his armor and weapons, then he'll call it a night till guard duty comes about.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror