Ordering LL

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Ordering LL

Postby grimshwiz » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:06 am

So I have ordered both the Labyrinth Lord book along with the AEC from RPGNow. I was wondering if anyone knew if there will be duty/tax/brokerage fees when it arrives on my doorstep in Ontario, Canada since they print from the UK.

Just want to make sure I have the funds on hand when it arrives any day now.

Thanks!
"We used to joke about an infinitely tall Homer Simpson coming along and eating the donut-shaped city of Sigil." -- Cadriel
grimshwiz

Re: Ordering LL

Postby kipper » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:58 pm

grimshwiz wrote:So I have ordered both the Labyrinth Lord book along with the AEC from RPGNow. I was wondering if anyone knew if there will be duty/tax/brokerage fees when it arrives on my doorstep in Ontario, Canada since they print from the UK.

Thanks!

When I ordered from LuLu twice previously they included the GST in the invoice (Lulu has a GST registration number or whatever it's called) and I was charged no duty/brokerage (I don't recall if it was shipped from the UK or USA, although they use the same printer - Lightning Source - as RPGNow). I am not sure about RPGNow though, I've never ordered from them. If GST/HST is not included in your invoice, the shipment may be held to collect that at least... plus Canada post will charge you an extra $8.50 just for the privilege of collecting the tax! :( (possibly more if it's coming in through a courier rather than the normal post). But Canada Post is somewhat slack, it may make it through unscathed if it's shipped through them.

I guess that's a fairly long winded way of saying "I don't know", maybe another Canuck has better info :D.
kipper

Postby grimshwiz » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:19 pm

kipper wrote:
grimshwiz wrote:So I have ordered both the Labyrinth Lord book along with the AEC from RPGNow. I was wondering if anyone knew if there will be duty/tax/brokerage fees when it arrives on my doorstep in Ontario, Canada since they print from the UK.

Thanks!

When I ordered from LuLu twice previously they included the GST in the invoice (Lulu has a GST registration number or whatever it's called) and I was charged no duty/brokerage (I don't recall if it was shipped from the UK or USA, although they use the same printer - Lightning Source - as RPGNow). I am not sure about RPGNow though, I've never ordered from them. If GST/HST is not included in your invoice, the shipment may be held to collect that at least... plus Canada post will charge you an extra $8.50 just for the privilege of collecting the tax! :( (possibly more if it's coming in through a courier rather than the normal post). But Canada Post is somewhat slack, it may make it through unscathed if it's shipped through them.

I guess that's a fairly long winded way of saying "I don't know", maybe another Canuck has better info :D.

Thanks for the info! I have had different people tell me different things, so I just went to the bank an pulled out money anyways. Better to be safe than sorry and have to go to Canada Post and try and get my package, which in my previous experiences from the US is a pain. Could just be this post office though.
"We used to joke about an infinitely tall Homer Simpson coming along and eating the donut-shaped city of Sigil." -- Cadriel
grimshwiz

Postby kiltedyaksman » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Depends if Canada Post are being cranky or not with the govt - or if the are working to rule.
BARROWMAZE: A New Classic Megadungeon for Labyrinth Lord
and other Classic Fantasy Role-Playing Games available on RPGnow

Meatshields: The Classic Fantasy Hireling and Henchmen Generator
http://www.barrowmaze.com
kiltedyaksman

Return to Open Discussion