Labyrinth Lord play-by-post: B10 Night's Dark Terror (FULL)

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Labyrinth Lord play-by-post: B10 Night's Dark Terror (FULL)

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:39 am

Barely one day's march from Kelven, the uncharted tracts of the Dymrak forest conceal horrors enough to freeze the blood of civilized folk. Those who have ventured there tell how death comes quick to the unwary--for the woods at night are far worse than any dungeon.

But you are adventurers, veterans of many battles, and the call of the wild is strong. Will you answer the call, or are you afraid of the dark terrors of the night?

Seeking 6-8 players able to post every 2-3 days. Use LL core rules; character generation will be 4d6 minus lowest roll, any order. Starting XP will be roughly 5,000, giving us a range of levels from 2 to 4; maximum hit points at first level, roll for subsequent levels. Starting gold, equipment, and magic items will be determined later.

The story begins in the Grand Duchy of Karameikos. Merchant ships and caravans from around the world trade in the capital and port city of Specularum, so your characters may be either natives or foreigners, lifelong friends or recent acquaintances. Be as creative as you like, but feel free to ask for suggestions if you're not familiar with the setting.

This module is actually a small campaign, comprised of several wilderness, dungeon and town adventures. Not everyone who starts may end up finishing. No problem. The plot is flexible enough to accommodate this, and the setting is populated just enough to allow for easy character (and player) entrances and exits.

Respond here if interested. No need to post completed characters yet.

The adventure begins late September. Hope you can join us!
Last edited by tumblingdice on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:38 am, edited 8 times in total.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Re: Labyrinth Lord play-by-post: B10 - Night's Dark Terror

Postby Scalydemon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:14 am

Have wanted to experience that module (can't afford it!)

Count me in. Thanks ;)
-
Scaly

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Adapt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:07 am

This is great timing, tumblingdice!. I was just visiting this forum to post a "player looking for pbp/pbemail game" message, since the two pbp games I was playing in are on indefinite hiatus. Count me in as well! And Karameikos? Seriously? I LOVE that place! :D I will have to hunt down my copy of the gazetteer and come up with some good background information for my character.
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:10 am

Scalydemon wrote:Have wanted to experience that module (can't afford it!)

I was lucky enough to buy the PDF of both B10 and the gazetteer for $5.00 each the day before WOTC pulled the plug on Paizo, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford them either.

Adapt wrote:I will have to hunt down my copy of the gazetteer and come up with some good background information for my character.

Excellent! Just make sure, odd as it may seem, that your character does not hail from either Threshold or Kelven. Those towns will be featured in the adventure, and it's more realistic if the characters don't know too much about them.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Sounds like fun. Got room for another?
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Of course!
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:17 pm

Thanks! Count me IN!
badams30

Postby Adapt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:18 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Just make sure, odd as it may seem, that your character does not hail from either Threshold or Kelven. Those towns will be featured in the adventure, and it's more realistic if the characters don't know too much about them.

No problem.
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby Nightblade » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Count me in, too! Provided you still have room... :mrgreen:
Nightblade

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:35 pm

We do. Welcome! This is great! We have four already: Scalydemon, Adapt, badams30 and Nightblade. There may be some players joining us from my other pbp game, The Sarcophagus Legion, as well.
tumblingdice

Next

Return to Gamer Gatherings