"Monsters Macabre" now available for purchase!

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

"Monsters Macabre" now available for purchase!

Postby sniderman » Fri May 29, 2015 11:06 pm

Some time ago, we asked Cryptworld fans to submit their THINGS for a new supplement. Those nightmares have been collected into Monsters Macabre, a new creature bestiary for Pacesetter's newest horror RPG! The amazing cover by Mark Allen is DONE. The interior text is DONE. The book is now being Kickstarted to raise funds for interior artwork. The more money raised, the more THINGS that will be illustrated in the final book! (Imagine if we were able to have illustrations of ALL of the new THINGS within!)

Monsters Macabre also has tons of new material and rules supplements for Crypt Masters to torment their players with! New Unsettling Powers! New rules for PC THINGS! New rules for weapon-variable damage! Guidelines for creating your own THINGS! A way to generate new monster investigation agencies and societies! A new full-length Cryptworld adventure featuring one of the new THINGS within! And all Kickstarter backers get immediate access to the current draft of the book!

Want to see these awesome new beasts take shape on the pages of Cryptworld's newest supplement? Jump in and help us Kickstart the book!

<<Click here to go to the Kickstarter page for Monsters Macabre!>>
Last edited by sniderman on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sniderman

Re: "Monsters Macabre": Kickstart the new Cryptworld supplem

Postby MattyHelms » Sat May 30, 2015 2:24 am

Oh, I am on it like a bonnet.

Can't wait to see the book - more support for Cryptworld has me very excited.
MattyHelms

Postby Blood axe » Sat May 30, 2015 4:04 am

Im a bit confused on reward levels. If I pledge $50 I still have to pay "at cost" for the Monster book & the other titles? ($4 soft or $8 hard) Or ?
How does it work?
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby seneschal » Sat May 30, 2015 8:55 am

RE: the cover. Where is Bilbo Baggins now that we need him?
seneschal

Postby MattyHelms » Sat May 30, 2015 12:29 pm

Blood Axe - Yeah, it looks like you still pay the manufacturing cost and shipping for any hard copy books with no additional charge for any PDFs.

seneschal - Ha! For me, the cover immediately put me in the mood for a seventies monster hunting campaign.

Dan or Tim - I'm likely dense, but I couldn't see where I could specify which additional books I wanted when I pledged my $20. Where do I specify this or will you be collecting this information via reward survey when the campaign ends?
MattyHelms

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sat May 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Blood Axe- yes 50 bucks would be an order of 5 books, and that money minus Kick starter fees goes directly to me to fund art and other expenses. Cost of manufacturing and shipping is handled separately when you order the book. I posted these costs in the comment section but I'll be putting together a FAQ soon.

Mattyhelms- yes I goofed and will change the language this weekend, I'll be sending a backer survey later for that info.

Dan
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Blood axe » Sat May 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:Blood Axe- yes 50 bucks would be an order of 5 books, and that money minus Kick starter fees goes directly to me to fund art and other expenses. Cost of manufacturing and shipping is handled separately when you order the book. I posted these costs in the comment section but I'll be putting together a FAQ soon.

Mattyhelms- yes I goofed and will change the language this weekend, I'll be sending a backer survey later for that info.

Dan

Ok got ya, thanks for the quick answer.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby seneschal » Sun May 31, 2015 6:55 am

MattyHelms wrote:seneschal - Ha! For me, the cover immediately put me in the mood for a seventies monster hunting campaign.

I'm not knocking it; it's a gorgeous cover. Just that the battle with the spiders in "The Hobbit" and one of M.R. James' stories were the first two things to pop into my head upon seeing it. Wouldn't want to be that guy in the lead. How much Raid does it take to clear a two-story house infested with arachnids the size of (at least) bowling balls? :o
seneschal

Postby sniderman » Sun May 31, 2015 11:12 am

seneschal wrote:How much Raid does it take to clear a two-story house infested with arachnids the size of (at least) bowling balls? :o
Read the Tarantulord entry and the adventure "Tangled Threads" within and find out! :twisted:
sniderman

Postby seneschal » Sun May 31, 2015 7:49 pm

Q: What's scarier than an old, dark house infested with giant spiders?

A: A shiny, new house or condo in your own neighborhood (preferably next door) infested with giant spiders. How did they get there? Mightn't they nest in your house next?
seneschal

Next

Return to CRYPTWORLD