Pacesetter & Cryptworld featured on Oct.'s DGS podcast!

This forum is for general discussion about Pacesetter products and the Pacesetter System. This forum is also appropriate for historical Paesetter ltd. products that are no longer part of the product line.

Pacesetter & Cryptworld featured on Oct.'s DGS podcast!

Postby sniderman » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Hey gang,

A couple of weeks ago, I was interviewed by the Dead Games Society folks for their podcast. This month, considering the season, they wanted to talk about the classic Pacesetter system, especially the old horror of first-edition Chill and the new horror of Cryptworld! So tune in, learn about the Pacesetter Action Table and how it works, my past experience at the gaming tables with Chill, and my current involvement as a co-author of Cryptworld! (Plus more Pacesetter discussion than your ears can handle!)

Dead Games Society Podcast Episode #11: Do You Feel a Chill?
sniderman

Re: Pacesetter & Cryptworld featured on Oct.'s DGS podcast!

Postby seneschal » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:42 pm

Thank you for posting the link. The discussion was informative and entertaining. I'm one of those Luddites that prefers physical books, but a $3.00 PDF sounds attractive. Give me a chance to get acquainted with the system I've heard so much about.
seneschal

Postby seneschal » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:30 pm

Well, I took the plunge and got the PDF. Been browsing but haven't had a chance to really dig into it. Wish I had some Pacesetter fanatics close by so I could jump in and play.

I know the author's preference is Eighties Technicolor gore, but my favorite horror movies have always been in black and white: Twenties silent movies, Thirties old dark house thrillers, Charlie Chan mysteries, killer apes and mad doctors, evil hypnotists and Fifties sci-fi aliens, King Kong, Godzilla, big bugs, revitalized dinosaurs. My kids enjoyed Horror of Dracula. They hid during Nosferatu. The universe is scarier in monochrome, with the monster and his unfortunate victims only half-seen.

Uber-Geek Question No. 32 -- If TimeMaster agents vaporize a Cryptworld monster with advanced weaponry, does it still get to respawn until killed "correctly"? Of course, the time travelers will have hopped on by that point, so they'll never know ... unless they run into the same critter in another time. :twisted:

"Hmmm. I never forget a face. Ah, Mr. Dabny. So nice to see you again." (Sinister laughter)
seneschal

Postby kmelion » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:33 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed that interview, and dang if I aint itching to play some Cryptworld. It was great hearing about the original Chill as well, thankfully I have a friend who let me have some first edition Chill stuff he had sitting around. Now to get some folks together, that's the tough part.
kmelion

Return to General Pacesetter Discussion