[Kickstarter] Whisper & Venom: Boxed Set Adventure

This forum is for ads for products/services/etc. Publishers are free to post ads here or in their own forum section, if applicable. Ads and/or announcements for free resources are also welcome in Open Discussion.

[Kickstarter] Whisper & Venom: Boxed Set Adventure

Postby Nogrod » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:50 am

I am into my final week of my Kickstarter project. I am posting it here because, well...because if you are here you are my target audience.

The very first KS I backed was Dan's for the LL GM Screen way back when and I am a big supporter of Goblinoids Products. I also support Dan Proctor as a person for being...well for being cool. I really cannot advertise it anywhere but the rules I am offering with Whisper & Venom at a higher pledge level are LL. Permission to do so was by the man himself but KS rules are sticky about making a big deal about it...not so here. I love LL and I am a big fan of Dan for making it.

I know he doesn't need the praise since being a OSR publisher simply means being good at stacking giant hoards of money and polishing sports cars, but I am giving it anyway :)

I used LL and ACE (along with OSRIC) to do the play balancing early-on. The project is a little broader in scope (and less ruleset specific) now but GG was the first "new" rules I bought when I returned to RPGs after a long (and now lamented) hiatus.

The whole thing is basically a love letter to 1978-1983 TSR products right down to the cover by Jeff Dee.

Here is some information about the product but if you have any questions regarding the product in anyway I can be reached in any number of places but feel free to send me a message through Kickstarter. I have a big investment in both time (more than I expected) and money (a great deal) to get this into the shape it is currently in and even if the project ended tomorrow I would ship early. Awesome and a solid reputation is vastly more important to me than saving a couple of grand...this project has already been its own reward. Really.

Anyway here is my project...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nogrod/whisper-and-venom-rpg-adventure-boxed-set-with-28m

Love Old School RPGs? Like deluxe products for fantasy games that come with the best extras including miniatures, poster maps and dice? Is quality art, cartography and custom sculpted 28 mm figurines from well-known freelancers a plus?

Then please check out Whisper & Venom by Lesser Gnome. A fantasy boxed set adventure with the most deluxe extras available including:

Custom Cover by Jeff Dee
Cartography by Alyssa Faden
Art by Jeff Dee & Lloyd Metcalf
Custom Figurines Sculpted by Tim Prow, Mark Evans, Nicolas Genovese and Michael Branch
2 booklets and quality dice

The project is fully funded and now the goal is to make a box so full of extras it could choke a Tarrasque.

The ultimate goal is to have a custom figure for every NPC, adversary and unique element in the text. We are currently 285% funded so shipping is a guarantee and the more backers the closer to the ultimate goal.

Lesser Gnome wants to bring this awesome array of RPG goodness to as many gamers as possible.

If you have any questions feel free to ask through Kickstarter, here, or on Facebook.com/lessergnome.

Other options-

$15 Mini only level that includes 8 figs (7 Goblins and a Gnome) which then allows for adding on minis a la carte.

A Kickstarter only retro-gatefold module of the adventure portion only mock-up shown below

A ultra high quality signed and numbered print of the custom cover by Jeff Dee

and much, much more...

Just added is an add-on option that will ship a 40" x 32" Hand-Drawn Full Color Map that rivals the best maps ever made for RPGs (You can easily upgrade to a ultra-quality copy signed by Alyssa Faden and hand numbered, limited only to the KS)

Map example...(this is maybe 5% of the map...shown for detail)

Here is the whole map in color about 85% done....it is available as a massive near-Greyhawk sized 42" x 30" print on 36 lb poster paper as an add-on (I am getting one for Alyssa and another for me in Canvas, if maps are your thing I will get backers an upgraded map in canvas at my exact cost)

Currently the unlocked minis include-

9 Goblins (7 Warriors and 2 Lieut.) Each one an individual sculpt. No doubles, no variants)
2 Gnomes (same gnome but upgrade has his familiar)
1 Huge 6 Legged Reptilian Monster that is over 42 mm tall (this is an add-on for half of the retail of equivalent sculpts)
2 Reptilian Pack Scavengers. Once again each one unique.
2 Restless Undead. Man-sized. Again both unique

Here is an image that shows some of the current options...

And in less than $200 (as of this writing) we add 2 Nexid Slaves (Think Zombie, only more restless), also both custom sculpted.

With 12 more completed or actually in process sculpts ready to be included as soon as funding justifies them. Plus the ability to add as many as the funding allows until everything in Whisper & Venom has its own custom figurine.
Nogrod

Return to Advertisements