Welcome to Daggerford!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome to Daggerford!

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:04 am

Nahin - Elf

My friends, thank you very much for being my brothers and family. My thoughts are to visit Red Larch and obtain the deed for the keep. I would also like to inquire with the local magister or militia to see if this might make for a useful advance base to see what is going on to the north. What would you all think of that? Nahin will look at all of them in turn.

I would intend to see if some militia might return and take up residence while our band does the scouting. Maybe attract some farmers to plow some fields locally also, who knows!

I would also like to get these items identified and make sure everyone gets an equal share of the loot. I am not sure what to do with this much coin at this point though.

Delirious with to many thoughts.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Dak smiles like a yokel at Nahin's comments and compliments, and without warning, gives him a rib-bruising bear hug. "Lots of words, I dont unnerstan em' all, but Dak likes you too... all of you like brudders to Dak. I go anywhere wit youze." Grinkle smiles as well... one big happy family.

Jayce rolls his eyes at the lovefest and says "Having spent much of my life in Waterdeep, and knowing the politics of the region, I know the magister can assist with the disposition of the keep. To Red Larch, then?"

Grinkle just smiles and continues to work, apparently content to go wherever you all go. Nahin, Grinkle approaches you with a dark green hooded cloak and matching robe in his hand. They are a bit soiled, but in good repair. He tells you that he found them on the floor, and asks if he may have them. "I don't want to cause any trouble by being with you all, so the hood can help hide me a bit."

Grinkle says to the group with a flourish, "I've gotten all the junk out of this place, it still needs a really good cleaning, but at least its a start. If we can get these bodies out of here, we'll be done." He pauses and says "I've been giving the little horse lots of food and water, and she's looking better already, we could use her to take the cart on to where we are going."

True to his word, when you check in on the horse, she looks like she's gotten a new lease on life. While she's still terribly thin, the full trough of water and straw has been helping her get some energy, and she looks much better than a day ago when you came across her. You don't think she could pull much in her condition, but she could definintely pull the cart with the treasure and any mundane light cargo. Her eyes light up to see you all, especially Grinkle, whom she licks and rubs with her nose. Grinkle says "Look," and points to a sign you all missed, hanging above her stall. It says "Ruby" in bright red fancy painted letters.

Your band has grown by one hobgoblin and an emaciated horse. What's next?
badams30

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Han Overfist, augur or Tymora

"I will stay behind and help manage the recovery on the keep...let us setup a pyre, away from the grounds...it may draw some attention but if not then the bodies may draw more...we do not want to soil the river with their gore...take a chance and roll the dice?"

(Han will help with the loading of bodies, trash, etc. for the potential pyre...making plans for the kitchen...)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby greyarea » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:00 am

Marcus, paladin

Off to Red Larch then. Marcus is uneasy, he's much better at battle strategy than peacetime.

He returns Grinkle's sword to him, which he's kept since they first met, all oiled and sharpened. I can teach you to use this, little one, but only if you'd like. You seem more suited to other lines of work, and that is ok. He smiles at the goblin, Torm appreciates all who do their duties, no matter how great or seemingly insignificant. Torm blesses you, little one.
greyarea

Postby kjc » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:43 am

Jayce - Fighter

"I would remain here with Han..." Jayce spoke up..."the farther from Waterdeep the better." he thought. "Safe journey brothers."
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:34 am

"I'll be off to Red Larch, then, too," Rory says. "There's no more traps to spring here or pockets to pi--"

The thief suddenly goes silent, casting a furtive glance at the group.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:57 am

Marcus, paladin

Marcus looks at Rory sternly. Torm blesses those who do their duty, provided their duty is for goodness and law.

He smiles and, with a wink, says, But if we come before Him, I can vouch for you so far. I wager Tymora's servant will agree. (with a nod to Han)
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:36 am

So it looks like all are ready to leave for Red Larch, except for Han and possibly Jayce, who are considering staying at the keep.
Grinkle elects to follow Marcus, so long as Marcus doesn't object.

If this is good, let me know, or if you don't reply, I'll assume this is the plan.
Also - I assume you'll all be burying the bodies outside the treeline (you can take the cart a couple hundred meters down the trail toward the forest edge and find a nice clearing to put them in.)
And what of the loot? Will any be divided now, or later?

Just give me a quick recap of what your plan is and what/whom is going with you. And how you plan to secure the keep (if you leave it, that is)

I'll wait till tonight to follow up.
badams30

Postby Atomic Ray » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Han Overfist, augur of Tymora

"It is just stone, we could all travel together is that would be preferred?...I could go either way, but there is safety on numbers, perhaps it would be best to travel together"
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby kjc » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Jayce - Fighter
"Alright then" Jayce said quietly. Then loudly, "We're bound for Red Larch. Let's Ride...uhm...LET'S WALK!" "We really need to get some horses..." Jayce mumbled.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure