Goblinoid Games Podcast

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Goblinoid Games Podcast

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi all, I'm planning to do a podcast instead of the LL Society newsletter. I'm currently putting together notes for the first episode--anything in particular you guys want me to talk about in this first one?
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Re: Goblinoid Games Podcast

Postby sniderman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:04 pm

How cool! Let's see...

1. I'd love your thoughts/plans on the future of some of the lines. What changes/updates are planned for S&S 2nd edition? What new products are in the works for MutFut/LabLord? What plans do you have for new Timemaster products?
2. What events do you see in relation to the LLS? Such as, planned meet-ups at 'cons you plan to attend? Or the dwelled-upon future "GoblinCon"?
3. I'd also enjoy mulled-upon projects yet-to-be-acted-upon. What game genres would you like to tackle, but are as-of-yet even on the drawing board?
4. What are your plans for Goblinoid Games as an entity? Compare where you were a few years back when LL was first released. Now compare to today where it's one of the go-to RPGs in the OSR, as well as MF gaining followers/products, and acquisitions of S&S and TM. Where do you see the company going next? What would you like to do in the next year? 5 years? 10 years?
sniderman

Postby knightvision » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Make record a skype call with 3rd party producers of LL material. ;)
Website/blog: Knightvisiongames.com
KVG produces Labyrinth Lord adventure modules. Check out the blog and Twitter feed to stay connected.
Twitter: @kvgames
knightvision

Postby Goblinoid Games » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:39 pm

knightvision wrote:Make record a skype call with 3rd party producers of LL material. ;)

Yes, absolutely this is something I want to do. Maybe not in the first Podcast, not sure yet, but most definitely.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby The Lizard of Oz » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:37 am

Just curious but do you have a rough outline of the topics you would like to hit on in the first podcast? Or maybe a general direction you want to take it?
No man is more dangerous than one convinced of his own moral superiority.
The Lizard of Oz

Postby John Adams » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:51 pm

I think this is a cool idea, Dan. :)
I will support it.
John Adams

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:54 pm

The Lizard of Oz wrote:Just curious but do you have a rough outline of the topics you would like to hit on in the first podcast? Or maybe a general direction you want to take it?

I'm still working on it. I'm open to hearing suggestion about what people want to hear about/listen to. As for direction, I'm envisioning something pretty casual so each episode could really be all over the place, talking about recent news/events/other topics, interviews with people, etc.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby knightvision » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Maybe review the forums for questions on rules, etc for LL/AEC and discuss one for a topic.
Website/blog: Knightvisiongames.com
KVG produces Labyrinth Lord adventure modules. Check out the blog and Twitter feed to stay connected.
Twitter: @kvgames
knightvision

Postby Mark » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:59 am

Goblinoid Games wrote:
knightvision wrote:Make record a skype call with 3rd party producers of LL material. ;)

Yes, absolutely this is something I want to do. Maybe not in the first Podcast, not sure yet, but most definitely.

I'd second that. Getting the consumer perspective is always good. Perhaps touch on stuff you'd like to do but don't currently have time to address. Not the stuff you plan to do but the holes you could see community members filling because you cannot get to it. :D
Mark

Postby sonofotho » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:52 am

I think the topics mentioned are all great. Would really like to hear interviews with some of the designers of LL compatible products about what they've done and what they're working on.

I'm really on board with the idea of an LL podcast! RFI is pretty good as a 1st Ed game podcast, but everything else is 4E. There is a vacuum here to be filled!
Running the Stonehell LL sandbox game
Ran the Yendo LL AEC sandbox game (on hiatus....for now)
sonofotho

Next

Return to Open Discussion