Realms of Crawling Chaos II?

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Realms of Crawling Chaos II?

Postby Omote » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:43 pm

I am a big fan of the Realms of Crawling Chaos book. I think the authors did an awesome job of intergrating Lovecraftary into the labyrinth Lord game. But let's be honest, there is so much more that can be added! Realms of Crawling Chaos is just the start my friends. The Formulae/Spells as well as Artifacts alone can enompass another 60 page book! The mind wobbles at the thought of all the coolness that can be added to the first ROCC tome. AND, one day such new material could be added to the original book to create the much needed Hardback version of the ROCC.

Just saying... ;)

~O
Omote

Re: Realms of Crawling Chaos II?

Postby Goblinoid Games » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:37 pm

If you mean new material in the same style, it's a possibility. I gleaned the stories pretty heavily though and although you may find a couple of things I missed from the Dreamlands stories (which i worked through quickly because I found them way to boring!) you won't find much more spells/formulae in those stories. Now, if you were to include other writers then there is a lot of material out there, but none of it is in the public domain.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Omote » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 pm

If you wanted to move away from the direct references to certain stories, then the possibilities are limiteless. Creating your own material based on HPL, CAS, etc. would be a worthy task. But hey, the first book is a great template in it's own right to inspire other to invent their own terrors of the outer dark. :)

~O
Omote

Postby kipper » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:... you may find a couple of things I missed from the Dreamlands stories (which i worked through quickly because I found them way to boring!)...

:lol: ditto :D
kipper

Postby BlUsKrEEm » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:46 am

Really? The Dreamlands stuff was some of my favorite HPL stories. A Crawling Chaos sequel to cover the Dreamlands material would make me very happy(plus, you could a Ghoul class to shut folk like me up.)
BlUsKrEEm

Return to Labyrinth Lord