Northwest Passage

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Northwest Passage

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Dieter - Mage

Hmmm... this may prove useful. He will mutter as he tucks the wand into his belt.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:29 am

"Good thinking," Castinus says to Dieter. He'll remove all metal from his person, and follow the mage down the hall.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:55 am

Castinus and Dieter, after removing the metal from themselves, move down the corridor. Examining the metal plates, they are firmly secured and you doubt even Number Nine (RIP) could damage them or move them.

The hall ends in an empty doorway leading to a rom beyond. Theo holds the light back with the others and you can barely see into the room beyond from the middle of the hall, but it seems empty. He doesn't think the money could get beyond these plates if they get as hot as he assumes.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:00 am

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes thoughtfully rubs his brow and says "Be careful! This must be a trap of some sort." Then he says "wait a moment." With his short stature, it would be easy for him to crawl. He'll place wave in his hand, and start to crawl down the hall. "Let me see if the heat extends past the bottom of the plates."

OOC: He'll try to crawl and see if the heat radiates below the plates. I guess it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, he'll quickly crawl back with a dejected look on his face.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:02 am

"Could we put our armor and weapons in sacks, and kick them down the hallway?" Castinus suggests. He also looks for secret doors, levers, pulleys, etc. that might disarm the plates.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:12 am

Grimes crawls forward and quickly crawls back. The heat most certainly extends to the floor.

(secret roll) Castinus finds nothing that looks like a lever, pulley, or secret door.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:25 am

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes picks himself up and wipes his sweaty brow. "Mmm. That didn't work so well." He gets another thoughtful look and says "Dandy, can you toss your hammer at one? Maybe you can break it or knock it down."

OCC: Okay, last wild idea. Maybe if we can break or knock down these, they will cease to function. I promise if this doesn't work, I'll shut up and follow the direction of anyone with a plan.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:47 am

Dieter - Mage o'rama

Dieter will head back to the group with Castinus. Grimes, I am not sure what Wave does for you but, do you think you could use it to control the water from the pit we crossed earlier? Maybe use the water to "flush" us down the hallway?..... Just an idea.... he will say massaging his chin.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:36 am

Shae - Fighter/Mage
"The most obvious result of the plates is that we can not pass wearing metal armor or carrying metal weapons. If we all strip down and disarm ourselves we are in prime position to be ambushed. Perhaps we send half the team ahead so unequipped, their gear being towed by Dieter using his Floating Disk magic. The other half of the team provides cover with missile fire and magic until the first team re-equips. Dieter then comes back for the remaining gear as Team Two crosses...?" Shae asks her comrades.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby merias » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:48 am

badams30 wrote:Grimes - FIghter

Grimes picks himself up and wipes his sweaty brow. "Mmm. That didn't work so well." He gets another thoughtful look and says "Dandy, can you toss your hammer at one? Maybe you can break it or knock it down."

OCC: Okay, last wild idea. Maybe if we can break or knock down these, they will cease to function. I promise if this doesn't work, I'll shut up and follow the direction of anyone with a plan.

Dandy, Dwarf cleric

"Aye, let's see what ole whelm can do!"

Dandy will hurl whelm at one of the plates.
merias

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain