How does this run with your gaming group(s)?

For discussion of the original 1978 rules and for the revised second edition that is entering development.

How does this run with your gaming group(s)?

Postby trashHeap » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 pm

I picked up the PDF and ive been thumbing through it. Ive been curious do most folks run this game as is? Or do they reskin it to classic Trek?

I keep having the idea of running a Trek game, but ive been wondering how well reskinning all of the aliens/items/tech to their Trek terminology would work at the game table. With everyone looking at such text under ocmpletely different names. i.e. Someone goes to look up a phaser's stats forgetting they should be looking up a Beam Pistol, or half the table being confused when someone calls a Tricorder an Auto-Analyzer?

Do people find that this is a non issue? Or do most people just play the game as is?
trashHeap

Re: How does this run with your gaming group(s)?

Postby gentleman john » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:41 pm

I've found it a lot easier to explain the premise of the game as being "classic Trek with the serial numbers filed off". Sure, the players will get confused between the two, but then it's up to the referee to enforce which way to go. Besides, if it helps the game along, I'm inclined to let the players draw whatever parallels they wish. Really, for me, it's been a non-issue.
gentleman john

Return to Starships & Spacemen