Campaign Celebration Book

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Campaign Celebration Book

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:29 pm

I want some input on a Campaign Celebration book.

At the end of the campaign that I'm running, I want to put out a small book to give to each player. It'll be a 6x9 hardcover and I want to include

- four pages for each character :
- a full page illo of each character
- a short version of their character sheet
- two pages of background, highlights, and retirement plans
- a "legacy" magic item from each character that'll turn up in later campaigns
- map, description and sign of their favourite tavern hang-out
- one-page write-up of each session
- maps of the various places explored
- Background on "The Ancient King", the main macguffin of the first campaign arc
- stats and art for the Ferals (from Creature Collection) - the demons that party had to deal with throughout the first campaign arc.
- emphasis on stuff they have changed or that have changed because of them (renamed towns, places like Hirot that were completely changed by their interventions, etc)

I'll also have to include stuff from the second campaign arc (I'm pretty sure the party is going to vote to continue with the same campaign instead of a new campaign when this arc is settled and done). So while running the second campaign arc, I'll be collecting the stuff for the celebration book.

If you were putting something like this together, or if you were a player receiving something like this at the end of your campaign, what would you put in the book or like to see in the book?
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Re: Campaign Celebration Book

Postby gentleman john » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:42 pm

Nice idea, Dyson.

If I was going to put something like that together, I'd solicit some content from the players, so that each player received something that the other players thought summed up their experience with them. Also, what the players think is important for them might not line up with what you, as the referee, thought was important to the campaign. I've often found that the things players reminisce about are not necessarily what referees like to remember. Something like your Celebration Book sounds like it should be focussed around the players.
gentleman john

Re: Campaign Celebration Book

Postby Dyson Logos » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Part of the issue is I want this to be a surprise. Therefore I'm getting input from the players in sneaky ways. I keep tabs on what they say they love, I monitor their out of game communications as best I can, and so on.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Return to Open Discussion