Over the Edge, Mr. Sandman

For discussion of the Pacesetter System game SANDMAN.

Over the Edge, Mr. Sandman

Postby boddynock » Thu May 31, 2012 6:32 am

Okay so I bought Sandman on a whim. Namely because I saw the thread nearby talking about doing a Prisoner sort of game using it. That sounds awesome, and it got me thinking of another setting I like, but I'm not thrilled with it's system. Over the Edge; love the setting as a dreamlike; cracked-up; paradise in the Mediterranean island. I just don't care for Dice Pool systems personally. I actually am fine with a single roll of percentile and then just mixing around the numbers, rather than two sides throwing d6's, adding them, and then throwing out totals to an outcome. So what better to run a game about a surreal slice of paradise, than a surreal dream game. I'll have the play report Sunday for my group. Also need to make a note about including the Sandman. Maybe not so quick to make him a deadly force, so much as an agent provocateur to haunt the characters.
Boddynock Stotch - Ambassador of Gnomes
boddynock

Re: Over the Edge, Mr. Sandman

Postby boddynock » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:08 am

So as promised I ran a session of Over the Edge using the Sandman rules. This time the characters woke up on the beach with the surf riding up their clothing. A former contact who was killed in an adventure, back when we were using OTE rules, appeared to the party and had this to say.

"Unable to help you now. I've been defeated and denied access to your world... I'm afraid he has an interest in your destiny. Every step you take works towards the will of the Sandman." The contact, might I add looked akin to a smoldering corpse from the explosion he had expired in, walked back into the blue waters and vanished into the aether. That's when the characters woke up, still on the beach, nix the corpse of their contact. From there they continued on with their mission which was to hit a powerful Mafia don. We mainly used the time to practice Sandman's combat rules and how skills work etc. I found the rules to be pretty fast pace. Probably work out better next session because this one was interrupted by an outside guest to our staff break room. Still, the game was liked, and I enjoyed using the system myself.
Boddynock Stotch - Ambassador of Gnomes
boddynock

Postby vienna » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:36 am

And where at you logic?
vienna

Postby Herb » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:19 am

Did you ever play a second session? I have loved OTE since I got the 2nd edition and Forgotten Lives. I'd love to hear more about how it went with Sandman
Herb

Return to SANDMAN