Chill 1e?

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Re: Chill 1e?

Postby seneschal » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:19 pm

"So the dilemma one would face is even if you could secure the rights in some form they wouldn't be exclusive, apparently. If I reprinted the Pacesetter CHILL, for example, someone else might be able to come along and release a 3rd edition with a new system. Talk about brand confusion!"

Heh, but not as bad as RuneQuest. At last count, there was RuneQuest 6, Mongoose RuneQuest II, and Mongoose Legend -- all currently in print, all sharing pretty similar rules. Only MRQ II has Glorantha references (to RQ's traditional setting). Meanwhile, actual Glorantha material is being produced for a separate game system, Hero Wars! (And the Mongoose RuneQuest I SRD, free download, is still floating around, too.) :shock:

The upside is that material for these competing games is generally cross-compatible, generating greater player interest in their assorted supplements. :D
seneschal

Postby sniderman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:17 pm

If you're looking for a Pacesetter horror game setting/concept, let me toss out something I've pondered for a while. The PC's are newspaper reporters (or TV newscasters or whatever). Anyway, while researching info on some basic mundane news story, they stumble across some supernatural element or monstrous being that is actually behind the disturbance. So you have an investigative/research bent, as well as a monster-of-the-week angle. (Sound like a certain early Pacesetter game?)

Anyway, think of it as "Kolchak the RPG". And the title of this game?

"Deadlines"
sniderman

Postby seneschal » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:43 pm

sniderman wrote:If you're looking for a Pacesetter horror game setting/concept, let me toss out something I've pondered for a while. The PC's are newspaper reporters (or TV newscasters or whatever). Anyway, while researching info on some basic mundane news story, they stumble across some supernatural element or monstrous being that is actually behind the disturbance. So you have an investigative/research bent, as well as a monster-of-the-week angle. (Sound like a certain early Pacesetter game?)

"Deadlines"

Sounds like an author's proposal to me. How soon can you have the manuscript ready? :D
seneschal

Postby sniderman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:03 pm

seneschal wrote:
sniderman wrote:If you're looking for a Pacesetter horror game setting/concept, let me toss out something I've pondered for a while. The PC's are newspaper reporters (or TV newscasters or whatever). Anyway, while researching info on some basic mundane news story, they stumble across some supernatural element or monstrous being that is actually behind the disturbance. So you have an investigative/research bent, as well as a monster-of-the-week angle. (Sound like a certain early Pacesetter game?)

"Deadlines"

Sounds like an author's proposal to me. How soon can you have the manuscript ready? :D

Got too many projects as-is. After I wrap up the Mutant Future creature catalog this month (fingers crossed), I have a Mutant Future module I'm finishing, plus a fully fleshed-out RPG concept I've been working on. So this would have to wait.

And don't even get me started on "Hammer Down": the 1970's "stalwart-truckers-against-the-corrupt-law" RPG and driving sim. (Smokey and the Bandit/Convoy/Citizen's Band/BJ and the Bear)
sniderman

Postby seneschal » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 pm

"And don't even get me started on "Hammer Down": the 1970's "stalwart-truckers-against-the-corrupt-law" RPG and driving sim. (Smokey and the Bandit/Convoy/Citizen's Band/BJ and the Bear)"

Make it the 2170s and turn it into a Mutant Future campaign, a sort of grunge future Pony Express deal. "The mail/food supplies/fuel/latest issue of Tiger Beat must get through!" Ten-four, good buddy!
seneschal

Postby sniderman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 pm

seneschal wrote:Ten-four, good buddy!

You're thinking of a different game:

:D

(I owned this game as a kid...)
sniderman

Postby seneschal » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:56 pm

sniderman wrote:
seneschal wrote:Ten-four, good buddy!

You're thinking of a different game:

:D

(I owned this game as a kid...)

:o
seneschal

Postby daddystabz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:50 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE at least make a retro clone of this great game!!! This would be my number 1 wish for Goblinoid Games and frankly, would be the main thing I'd want to play in your lineup of games. I'd support any kickstarter attempt.
daddystabz

Postby seneschal » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 pm

FYI, Paizo has the Mayfair version of Chill on sale at the moment:

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8p5x?Chil ... d-Rulebook

It also has several adventure modules and supplements available for both the original Pacesetter version and the Mayfair version.
seneschal

Previous

Return to Open Discussion