OOC Chat

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: OOC Chat

Postby Professor P » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:29 pm

greyarea wrote:hmmm. Seems I misspoke on magical armor weight. Please see the table on LL119 for clarification.

I must have been remembering old house rules or maybe the rule in an early edition of DnD.

My pdf of LL core page 119 has no tables. It's a treasure page starting with Elven boots and ending with Mirror of Opposition.
Rolling my Percent Chance to Know to parse Dungeons and Dragons.
Professor P

Postby greyarea » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Sorry, LL120

That's what I get for using the older, non-revised edition. :?
greyarea

Postby Professor P » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:16 pm

greyarea wrote:Sorry, LL120

That's what I get for using the older, non-revised edition. :?

Here's the really sad thing. I went back like 10 pages, but didn't even think of going forward in pages.

What about weapons? I couldn't find any info on weapon encumbrance. Should they be 1/2 weight like armor?
Professor P

Postby nathan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:20 am

Hello greyarea,

I have some additional questions, but I do not have the ability to PM yet, as a new member. Perhaps you can try to PM me with some answers, I don't know what the post count is before I can do it myself.

EDIT: Hah, looks like 5 posts is the magic number.

- Is Cure Light Wounds a Level 1 or 2 spell for a Druid? I want to say 1, as listed in the description, but the AEC spell list says 2.

- Do Druid spell scrolls even exist? The rulebook appears to say no, as is an inference in the errata thread.

- As a level 4 druid, can my character already have a tamed animal companion?
nathan

Postby greyarea » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:59 am

nathan wrote:Hello greyarea,

I have some additional questions, but I do not have the ability to PM yet, as a new member. Perhaps you can try to PM me with some answers, I don't know what the post count is before I can do it myself.

EDIT: Hah, looks like 5 posts is the magic number.

- Is Cure Light Wounds a Level 1 or 2 spell for a Druid? I want to say 1, as listed in the description, but the AEC spell list says 2.

- Do Druid spell scrolls even exist? The rulebook appears to say no, as is an inference in the errata thread.

- As a level 4 druid, can my character already have a tamed animal companion?

- Cure Light Wounds is a 2nd level druid spell

- Crud. No they don't. I will issue you a new magic item or two to compensate.

- Yes, you can. Make sure it is something that makes sense in a dungeon environment, or your Druidic instincts will tell you to leave it behind, and role play your character accordingly. This is an animal companion, not a meat shield. :) PM me details and we'll get that set up.
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:44 am

Pick a FAT RAT & name him Kurun! :lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 am

Professor P wrote:What about weapons? I couldn't find any info on weapon encumbrance. Should they be 1/2 weight like armor?

Yes, let's set them at that. Magic weapons are half the weight of their non-magic versions.
greyarea

Postby Professor P » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:37 pm

I just realized I have my coin weight incorrect. I have 1 GP = 1/100 of a pound instead of 1/10 of a pound.

Must we assume that our beginning gold is in all gold pieces, or may we convert to platinum and gems?
Professor P

Postby greyarea » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 pm

I'd think you're most likely carrying platinum or gems, for convenience sake. Exchange rates seem consistent across the realm and there is a jeweler and money changer in the market.
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:03 pm

I FINALLY got a moment alone and finished my Character (Dandy Dwarf) Bio/Background.

Let me know - honestly - if I'm over doing the 'lack' of book-smarts and the "character speak."

Cheers :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain