Out-of-character (OOC) chat

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:06 pm

Greyarea asked about deities and languages for his character. It's likely others will ask the same questions, so I'll post the info here. In Paul's case, his character typifies the exception to the rule. Go figure!

Deities: Basic D&D never got into deities, so pick a god, any god that suits your character concept. It can be from a real-world pantheon, from an established world like Greyhawk or the Forgotten Realms, or anything else you can think of. Or, if you prefer, you can choose no deity at all.

In Zelaz' case, the one and only deity in Glantri is named Rad. Wizards worship him. All other religions are banned, and clerics discovered within the borders of the principalities are burned at the stake! Paul, you can run with this or ignore it as you see fit.

Languages: The gazetteer series that fleshed out The Known World assumed multiple human languages. Since your characters will be traveling into exotic lands, it would make sense for the people they meet to speak a different language. It would also make this adventure impossible to play. Therefore, everyone speaks common! Edit: if your background, or character concept, includes a human language besides common, then you get it for free. Most likely, this will only appear in the game as foreign expressions mixed in with your speech.

In Zelaz' case, he's from the Principality of New Averoigne, patterned after Clarke Ashton Smith's Averoigne books. So, he speaks Sylaire (French), and can drop phrases like zut alor into his speech whenever he likes. Likewise, Brandon's walrus could speak Portuguese, if he could speak at all. PM me if you have any questions or ideas.

As for additional languages, it's been rumored that The Master is in league with all manner of nasty humanoids. So, speaking any nasty humanoid language could come in handy.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Postby kwll » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:46 pm

How many spells have the MUs in their spell book at the beginning?
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:58 pm

kwll wrote:How many spells have the MUs in their spell book at the beginning?

Kwll, I still have to figure that out. I'll get back to you. BTW, you can re-roll your character's stats if you want. Those are some pretty low scores.

Reminder: We're using basic hit dice. In other words:
magic-users & thieves: d4
clerics, elves & halflings: d6
fighters & dwarves: d8
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:46 pm

If I decide to pull Soldath into this game what level should he be moved up to?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:07 pm

If we are looking for ways that our characters know one another, my guy was expelled (sort of) from Karameikos and has been directed to go here. Someone could be accompanying him, or joined him on the way over...

Worst case, he could be Zelaz' charmed toilet cleaner or sous chef...
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:44 pm

If pulling Soldath in would make the group wizard heavy are there any recommendations for a class? I am open. Since this is basic D&D I would be good with the LL basic (non-AEC) rules, right? For how much D&D stuff I own my library is pretty concentrated on 1st and 2nd edition. My Basic and Expert sets were lost to the sands of time long ago. :D
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:08 am

Hey, if worse comes to worse I could pull annoying old' Athelstan into this one. It might be fun to see a powerful annoying Athelstan. And if Soldath is here, that would be a good tie in for the warrior to be present.

Whatever works.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:37 am

Joe, yep, we're doing the whole race as class thing.

Uh oh. Now Athelstan's threatening to come back and join Soldath. Anybody else want to bring along their Night's Dark Terror character? This could get interesting. If only Jorg were here. What advice might his father have for this adventure...
"Jorg, if you are standing under bright sun, and your skin starts peeling, look for shade. Blue dragons are dangerous shade!"
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:49 am

tumblingdice wrote:Joe, yep, we're doing the whole race as class thing.

Uh oh. Now Athelstan's threatening to come back and join Soldath. Anybody else want to bring along their Night's Dark Terror character? This could get interesting. If only Jorg were here. What advice might his father have for this adventure...
"Jorg, if you are standing under bright sun, and your skin starts peeling, look for shade. Blue dragons are dangerous shade!"

If Jorg comes back we really will need to add bleach to the gene pool.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:04 am

I will bring back Tret only if the DM would be so kind as to let me play two characters. I really liked Zelaz and want to play the wizard again.

Of course Tret hates wizards... hmm...
greyarea

Next

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads