The Greater Caverns

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Greater Caverns

Postby merias » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:48 am

greyarea wrote:I'm just curious, which deity did you call? We've attempted to gate in many: Leucetius, Tama-nui-te-rā, Isis, Apollo, Belenus, Apam Napat, Tailtiu, Tongoenabiagus and many others. None heeded our call, sending only their servants or demi-gods who did little. How did you merit divine aid?[/color]

"I called 'im, Belenus hisself, though it was with the help 'o that scroll we found hereabouts," Dandy says. "I can't say who scribed it, a might more powerful than meself, fer sure."

Then - to the others - "I'll fight any demon fer me friend's souls, but not before we've 'ad a chance ta heal, a couple 'o days rest might be needed, by the looks of ye all."
merias

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:36 pm

Dieter - Mage

I agree with resting.... so the order would be destroy Blackrazor with the other two weapons of power, pray some demon does not come forth and then try to resurrect Castinus and Grimes?

Maybe while we rest we can take a look at what the Shae thing left behind... might be some other goodies about.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Furuk - Fighter

"Yes, let's take a look to see if there's anything useful here."

Furuk searches the area.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:10 pm

Shae wears plate mail +2 and slippers of spider climbing. Blackrazor is also hers.

The spherical chamber has the following treasure: six folding screens (6'xl1/2' x 1/2") worth 1,000 gp each; two carpets (4 feet x 2 feet) worth 750 gp each; two inlaid stands (3 feet x 1-1/2 feet x 1-1/2 feet) worth 2,000 gp each; four porcelain vessels (1 foot x 1 foot x 1 foot) worth 1,500 gp each; one table (2 feet x 2 feet x 3 feet) worth 800 gp; one crystal bowl (1 foot x 1 foot x 1 foot) worth 3,250 gp and containing gems (four hundred 1-gp, three hundred 5-gp, two hundred 10-gp, one hundred 50-gp, ten 100-gp, and one 500-gp); one silver tripod and brazier (31/2 feet x 1 foot diameter) worth 750 gp and containing a block of everburning incense that can be sold to a religious institution for 1,000 gp.

The alabaster lid to the marble block has been engraved and the runes and glyphs filled with gold. Among these is a tiny hole through the lid.

Beneath the lid, the marble is hollowed out to form a cavity 2 feet wide, 4 feet long, and 2 feet deep, on the floor of which lie several pieces of platinum jewelry studded with diamonds and rubies: a tiara worth 27,000 gp, a necklace worth 20,000 gp, a bracelet worth 12,000 gp, earrings worth 9,000 gp, and a ring worth 6,000 gp.

Blackrazor seems to pulse with a strange light.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes -2/58 {Level 11 for [5d5] = 5 rounds} dead!
--Dandy 13/33 < CLWx6, Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Speak With the Dead, Protection from Evil 10' radius, CSW >
Castinus -6/34 dead!
--Furuk 25/59
Dieter 15/31 < Sleep, Lightning Bolt, Haste, Evard's Black Tentacles, Charm Monster >
--Acquaire

Sorry for the delay. I'm now in my new job at Davidson College in North Carolina. Good times. Still no internet at home so I'll update from work when I can. Happy New Year to all!
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:25 am

Dieter - Mage

Hmmmmm.... I think we need to heal up ASAP. Search and nab loot after that. Let's get out of this room so we can reunite with the creatures I charmed to fortify our losses.... Proceed to break Blackrazor and hope that does not spell our doom. We'll figure out what to do from there. Thoughts?

Happy New Year GA!!! Great to hear you got moved and settled in!
Spanningtree

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:44 am

Dieter - Mage

Dandy... could really use your help in healing us up... Dieter will whisper to the stricken dwarf.
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:35 pm

"Set tight, I'll fix ya up," Dandy says.

He unloads all his healing magic for Dieter, Furuk and then himself. CLWx2 each, staff of healing each, CSW on Deiter.

If we need to we can rest overnight and repeat.

Also, congrats on the move, Paul! Glad you are settled finally.
merias

Postby Craigers07 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk assists in picking up the the treasure. He nods at Dieter's suggestion.

"Let's get out of this room and recover. I hope we can somehow bring our friends back."
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:51 am

The party heads out of the spherical room, rejoined by the two charmed monsters. Time passes and healing is administered.

A few days pass and all are healed.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes -2/58 {Level 11 for [5d5] = 5 rounds} dead!
--Dandy 33/33 < CLWx6, Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Speak With the Dead, Protection from Evil 10' radius, CSW >
Castinus -6/34 dead!
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < Sleep, Lightning Bolt, Haste, Evard's Black Tentacles, Charm Monster >
--Acquaire

OOC: Internet at home!! YAY!!

There's one more module in the series, shall we do it? I have a hook in mind. And to heck with racial level limits :D
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:29 am

greyarea wrote:There's one more module in the series, shall we do it? I have a hook in mind. And to heck with racial level limits :D

Hey, wherever Blackrazor goes, Castinus goes as well. He's pretty sure Grimes is cool with it, too.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain