New LL AEC PbP starting up on US

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

New LL AEC PbP starting up on US

Postby rredmond » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Not sure if Fearghus is too shy to advertise here... or perhaps I'm too brash ;)
But he's thinking of starting an AEC game over on Unseen Servant.

The post, which follows, can be found here: http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewt ... =21&t=1500
Fearghus wrote:

1. Putting out the feelers for those interested in using the LL Advanced Edition Companion (AEC) rules. I am on the fence if this will be a campaign or a short excursion.
    1. The rules are available as a free download at the Goblinoid Games web site.
  2. Style
    1. My mindset is not LL vs Players, but to provide a setting in which the players can have characters interact with a dynamic world. That being said the game is not 100% tailored to the characters, and as expected with an old edition game, it is quite possible to die often in the early stages. It is a little hex-crawly, but there are also story-seeds to allow for the potential of an ongoing campaign. As always, players are encouraged to explore and ignore the aspects that interest them. Whether you keep your posts concise or superfluous, that is fine. I enjoy and will entertain both aspects of interaction.
    2. The setting will be violent, but that is not to say that the NPC's are against communication.
  3. I am tooling around with a couple of different settings.
    1. Home-brew and pretty much just using the AEC as is.
    2. The other would be set in the Forgotten Realms with some slight adjustments to races, their available classes and level limits. Setting would either be High Forest area, or a human-centric Moonsea North.
  4. Character Creation
    1. 4d6; drop the lowest; arrange to taste. If you absolutely hate dice but want to give it a try just to say you have played LL, then you can use a 3 point buy. It will produce arrays such as 11,11,11,10,10,10 / 13,12,11,10,9,8 / 18,9,9,9,8,6 / etc.
    2. Max HP for first HD. Roll afterwards: those with two HD at first level max the first and roll the second. Don't hate, Gary let his players do the same.
  5. Post Frequency
    1. I am looking for those that can commit to every other day. I have run PBP for friends, but this is my first for strangers, so I am giving myself some time to adjust to curve balls.
    2. I will NPC a character for roughly a week if a player departs without communication. After that I will write the character out of the game.

Let me know if you have interest.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Return to Gamer Gatherings