UP THE GARDEN PATH ~ $2k good purchase?

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Re: UP THE GARDEN PATH ~ $2k good purchase?

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:20 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Well, Rik, whatever you do, may I ask the following favor? If you ever do decide to purchase it, would you consider running it pbp, so we can see what the fuss is all about? I'll gladly play.

Ya I would certainly do that; however, all the reviews I've read pretty much sum up the module as "sucky" or "not all that great." :lol: :lol: :lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 pm

You could always, of course, blow the money you would have paid for that module on, oh, say, every other module out there... :twisted:
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:51 am

tumblingdice wrote:You could always, of course, blow the money you would have paid for that module on, oh, say, every other module out there... :twisted:

Actually, that's kind of what I'm doing and saving about $1,800.00! I never had "Up The Garden Path" when I was growing up, so it's not really that big of a deal. I've always seen it for $5k+ so I thought $2k might be a steal, but it's not that much of a steal so... back to collecting what I had when I was a teen. In fact, I just picked up 21 more modules, so I'm about to update my "trading thread" here on GG!
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:04 am

Sweet! I just received a copy of B1 - In Search of the Unknown, that I got on eBay. It's funny: for a beginner's D&D module, the text is as dense as any Gygaxian AD&D work. :lol:
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:11 am

tumblingdice wrote:Sweet! I just received a copy of B1 - In Search of the Unknown, that I got on eBay. It's funny: for a beginner's D&D module, the text is as dense as any Gygaxian AD&D work. :lol:

Ya that one IS cool! I think I have it, but if I don't - I did at one time and loved it... so if I don't have it that one is definitely on the "to do" list! :D

connivingsumo

Previous

Return to Open Discussion