[Dolmvay] Anyone published a version ?

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Re: [Dolmvay] Anyone published a version ?

Postby petespahn » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:45 pm

For those who care, this has been delayed by a blue screen of death laptop crash. I was able to retrieve an earlier version of most of my files but i still can't get back on the internet yet (other than my Droid). Bleh.

Pete
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Postby petespahn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:16 am

Well, three years later, it's out: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2801
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
petespahn

Postby aspiringlich » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:26 am

Fantastic! I just downloaded it and it's a tremendous piece of work. 220 pages, no wonder it took 3 years, what an effort!
aspiringlich

Postby petespahn » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:22 am

aspiringlich wrote:Fantastic! I just downloaded it and it's a tremendous piece of work. 220 pages, no wonder it took 3 years, what an effort!

Ha! It wasn't supposed to be that large, but it just kept writing itself until I made it stop! Thanks! :)
Small Niche Games
petespahn

Postby gentleman john » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Good job you warned us about the size. It looked like my mail program had stalled last night.

Definitely worth it, though. And I'm looking forward to the print version arriving on my doorstep.
gentleman john

Postby petespahn » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:30 am

gentleman john wrote: And I'm looking forward to the print version arriving on my doorstep.

Me too! The file is at the printers. I hope to receive confirmation soon and then order a proof copy. Once I approve it, I'll be shipping the softcovers and hardcovers.
Small Niche Games
petespahn

Postby petespahn » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Print version now available! Check out the promo here:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2840
Small Niche Games
petespahn

Postby jrodman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 am

Despite playing my game in the Known World / Mystara, I'm really enjoying reading through this. I'm not sure if I'll be stealing ideas or if I'll find a home for Dolmvay somewhere. So far we're just wandering around near Kelvin in Karameikos after a very unpleasant near-disaster in Glantri.
jrodman

Postby petespahn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:43 pm

jrodman wrote:Despite playing my game in the Known World / Mystara, I'm really enjoying reading through this. I'm not sure if I'll be stealing ideas or if I'll find a home for Dolmvay somewhere. So far we're just wandering around near Kelvin in Karameikos after a very unpleasant near-disaster in Glantri.

Mystara was one of my go-to settings and Amherth is heavily inspired by my adventures there. I had numerous players who fled Glantri just ahead of retribution. I always wanted to run an all-mage party in Glantri but never could find any takers.

Glad you're liking the Guidebook! Should be plenty of ideas to mine even if you don't use it as a whole. IIRC Mirros/Specularum would be a decent fit for Dolmvay if you haven't adventured there already.
Small Niche Games
petespahn

Previous

Return to Labyrinth Lord