Cost of Artifacts?

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Cost of Artifacts?

Postby salintar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm new to this game and had a question, is there a price table for the artifacts? I've looked and can't seem to find it.
Also is there an xp award for finding artifacts like D&D used to do for magic items.
salintar

Re: Cost of Artifacts?

Postby Atomic Ray » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:28 am

Good question!
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Malcadon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:15 am

There no cost or XP rewards listed for artifacts in the game. Its up to the ML (GM) to figure out their value. Although, I do agree with you with the XP rewards for figuring out artifacts, as Gamma World had such a list. On the other hand, they have no economic value, as they unusual, hard to figure-out, and as such, they have to be bartered for. The lack of a price tag for such items are not unusual in D&D, as Basic/Expert D&D (what LL is based on) lists no prices for magic items. Hope that was helpful?
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby salintar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:15 am

Yes that does help, thank you.
I would like to make the point though that even without an economical system in place, it would be a nices addition. Also you could make the same point about the gear section, just saying.
salintar

Postby JDJarvis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Cost? How about value? No one is purchasing artifacts on an open market unless there's an awful lot of civilization (and the population behind it) floating about.
Any item can be had fro a handful or mutations and a couple battery charges in a laser. The value in an artifact is how many exp it lets a character earn through it's use.

if you really want to give out exp for artifacts something like 50-200 exp per use could do the trick, double that if it's rechargeable, double it again if it hurts something else.
JDJarvis

Return to Mutant Future